Role Summary:The Full Stack Developer, will develop applications that ensure a highly functional and delightful experience for biological researchers using advanced analytics of images & manipulating visual modeling of the data. Will also work to verify that your designs meet the specifications you have defined for the applications. Your work to enable leading and cutting-edge techniques such as machine learning will contribute to the advancing research of biology including drug discovery & cancer research.
Essential Responsibilities:• Act as a member of the Software Analytics Team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
* Participate in the full software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to development, test, and release
* Develop back-end application using Java technologies include Core Java, J2EE
* Collaborate with system engineers, backend developers, and user experience design teams to implement UI-BE solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of two years of professional experience
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Issaquah, WA.
* Working experience with databases like Postgres SQL/NoSQL with ability to tune performance
* Knowledge of effective UI testing frameworks
* Best coding practices, analytical skills, and attention to details
* Demonstrated ability to excel in an Agile development environment
* Experience deploying applications in a Cloud environment preferably AWS or Azure
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Washington;Issaquah;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.