At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Design Engineering at Uber merges the roles of product design and engineering, bringing the most innovative product concepts to life. In a Design Engineering role, you will need both design and technical skills and a passion for both. You'll work in a team along with user experience designers, researchers and engineers to create proof-of-concept prototypes, highly valuable interactions, and rendering complex and data rich designs and UIs that are both beautiful and highly usable.
A Design Engineer's ultimate goal is to envision and ship great experiences, and you will use your experience to produce products that touch millions of users every day.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Deliver engaging experiences using the latest in front-end technologies.
* Advise and synthesize feedback from research, design, UX and Engineering team members.
* Expand the real-world constraints of engineering to increase design capabilities.
* Identify and prioritize efforts most impactful to design and engineering.
* Build tools and frameworks that can be largely used by the broader design and engineering team.
* Ensure design intent is realized and even exceeded in production.
What You'll Need
* Minimum 7+ Years of Experience with Mobile Development, Web Development
About the Team
Join the Uber Design team, you'll work among design oriented engineers, product managers and some of the best designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment.
We are highly user-centric and we sincerely believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, passion with quality, boldness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and passion to take projects to the finish line.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.