IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Sr. Voice Engineer
Locations: Livingston, NJ/Fort Worth, TX/Houston, TX/Charlotte, NC
* Design, planning and execution, and support of core voice solutions and migrations (Avaya, Cisco, On-Prem/Cloud-Based, SIP Carrier Access) that are consistent with the goal and objectives set by the global utility model and lines of business throughout the company.
* Develops high and low level core voice design documentation in accordance with processes and procedures for consistent deployments and operational turnover.
* Develops strategies to automate repetitive tasks to reduce time of delivery.
* Interfaces with Architects to contribute to reference architectures, standards and certifications of existing and emerging technologies.
* Identifies and leverages best practices among engineering/operations staff as well as within peer teams.
* Interfaces with various groups within the organization to gain consensus and buy-in from all parties
* Interacts with customers and/or functional peer group manager.
* Demonstrate the ability to fully document technical concepts/procedures and cross trains others in this area.
* 10+ years of experience in enterprise level core voice delivery, integration, and support.
* Experience with Avaya and emerging cloud-based core voice platforms.
* Experience with migration activities related to TDM to SIP, Carrier to Carrier, Toll Free, and on-prem to cloud based solutions.
* Demonstrates expert level experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio/Project).
* Able to develop self and others through coaching, contributing to team success, continuously learning and sharing knowledge.
* Demonstrate ability to formally present technical material related to design governance and metrics based initiatives.
* Able to interact with vendors to understand the product/technology lifecycle, follow end-of-life and provide recommendation for changes/upgrades.
* Demonstrates tactical and strategic ownership related to the management and support of assigned infrastructure areas participating in initiatives to maintain a secure and effective global technical infrastructure service
* Demonstrates high analytical skills and self-motivated/directed
* Applies standards consistently across all solutions.
* Demonstrates senior level technical skills and ability to successfully complete and standardize complex, non-routine core voice designs to provide consistent customer service experience.
* Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments
* Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function
* Demonstrates ability to develop, communicate and educate on standard operating procedures within their given function
* Must possess extreme professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail/quality, ability to multitask, team focus, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal/written communication skills.
* Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and take direction from multiple areas.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group, also known as AIG, is an American multinational finance and insurance corporation.