IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
Your new team
AIG Investments Data Strategy team is looking for a motivated and versatile Data Engineer.
AIG Investments Data Strategy team is an agile organization with a singular focus on providing our business with sustainable competitive advantages via rapid implementation and deployment of modern technology and broad utilization of vast amounts of data. We are looking for a passionate engineer who loves the trade, is not afraid of changing context and works well with others.
Your contribution at AIG
* Make database/data warehouse design choices, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL.
* Architect and build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and velocity.
* Design and write highly optimized and complex queries.
* Collaborate closely with other teams (Developers, Analysts, Business Partners and Scientists) to design, develop and deploy data tools that support machine learning, analytical and product use cases.
* Implement Database Development best practices and standards.
* Own data pipelines, features and data assets from the development phase through to production deployment.
* Engage in data interpretation and forensic data analysis and troubleshooting.
* Demonstrate ability to come up with innovative yet feasible and pragmatic solutions.
* Think, Ask Questions, Design, Build and Refine.
* Treat ambiguity and complexities of enterprise data environment as an opportunity and not as an excuse.
What we are looking for
* Self-motivated and creative- we're building from ground up, not tweaking legacy.
* Experience in hands-on SQL role (be able to work with structured data at all stages of data management lifecycle).
* Strong data warehouse analysis and design experience with full knowledge of data warehouses methodologies and data modeling.
* Experience in working with schema-free data.
* Advanced SQL, RDBMS knowledge (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, DynamoDB, Postgres, RedShift).
* Solid ability to program in Python.
* Prior experience with scripting languages such as Perl or shell scripts is a plus.
* Familiar with Big Data ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive) is a plus.
* Experience with cloud services (specifically in AWS): EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, Glue, etc.
* Experience in deploying applications on to their respective environments using Elastic Beanstalk.
* Experience with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
* Experience working with Glue.
* Experience building REST APIs.
* Experience with data streaming and micro-batching.
* Good communicator and team player.
* Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
An ideal candidate (is not required to, but) will also have:
* Experience in feature engineering for Machine Learning applications.
* Familiar with Open Source/ commercial database management tools.
* Familiarity with Continuous Deployment pipelines and configuration (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Docker,Puppet,SaltStack,Ansible).
* Ability to handle complex semi-structured data (XML/HTML) is a big plus.
* Exposure to Netezza, Exadata ecosystem.
* Experience with some types of NoSQL database.
* Broad understanding of either General or Life Insurance Market/ Products data/business domains.
* Broad understanding of Financial Services/Capital Markets/Asset Management .
* Basic statistical computing background.
* Knowledge of SOA, Graph Database, CI/CD Pipeline, monitoring & alert would be a plus point.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.