Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Architects thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The[b1] Platform & Application Architecture Team is looking for a Solution Architect to work on[b2] Common Components and shared architectural patterns for the extended Schwab technology organization. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong leadership qualities, architectural breadth and technical depth who can reliably contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. You will analyze, model, and develop complex and high-level architecture plans that require the integration of multiple technologies and coordination of functional areas across the organization. You will work closely with other technologists to define the strategy for the firm and provide critical capabilities that impact the entirety of Schwab technology across multiple diverse lines of business. You will generalize established and emerging architectural best practices into clear guidance and pattern documentation. You will be a part of Schwab's Platform & Application Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for holistic Technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.).
If you consider yourself someone that strong developers, leads and architects want to work with and you have the uncanny ability to drive a compelling long-term technology vision this is an opportunity to lead the development of a unified Schwab enterprise. Your hands-on experience in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and deep interest and experience in broad enterprise platforms (information architecture, information flow, appropriate modularization and loose coupling while measuring flexibility with specification and optimization) will have direct impact on the direction of the company, our customers and our industry.
What you'll do:
* Architecture Ideation - Assist the business in the scoping and planning of upcoming projects.
* Architecture and Design - Participate/Lead in producing conceptual, solution, and component-level architectures and associated artifacts.
* Advise/Mentor on Technical Architecture and Design - Provide advice and guidance to team leads regarding technical and design decisions.
* Provide direction, guidance, definition, evaluation, and facilitation for the development of current and future architecture.
* Develop and document standards and best practices.
* Consult on larger enterprise strategy.
* Own the end to end solution design and architecture for Common Components critical to the Schwab enterprise.
* Collaborate with the extended Schwab architecture community to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives.
* Travel occasionally to collaborate with fellow technologists, engineering teams, and Schwab Technology Services leadership.
What you have:
* Ability to own architecture, including long term direction and presentation of a vision for the future of the Schwab Technology platform.
* Ability to drive through, directly and through influence, optimal solution strategy, with agility and leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect.
* Desire and ability to understand diverse business domains and develop architectures that meet the current and anticipated business needs of multiple stakeholders.
* Anility to evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range of industry trends.
* Good judgment and the ability to manage high pressure situations.
* Experience with and knowledge of common Architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, GoF, SOA, Event sourcing, etc.).
* Experience addressing operational and non-functional concerns (e.g. horizontal & vertical scalability, performance, maintainability, load distribution, resilience and recovery, etc.).
* Experience with Cloud Native (12-Factor) Architecture and Infrastructure Patterns.
* Experience with the 4+1 architectural view model.
* Knowledge of the enterprise technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, and industry trends.
* Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
* Ability to devise, develop and apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients.
* Ability to influence and effect changes that have broad and long-term impact on the firm.
* Refined presentation and communication skills and the ability to interface and communicate effectively with both engineers and executives.
* A strong software engineering and/or architecture background is required.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.