The Flight Support Execution and Verification team has an opening for a CF52 Senior Tech Support Engineer II. The immediate need is to provide engineering expertise for the support of integration and production assets. Responsibilities include working with limited direction in the resolution of technical issues related to fiber and electrical troubleshooting and integration and test of complete radar system.
* Interface with product users to provide long-term technical support for complex electronic and electro-mechanical radar systems
* Perform corrective and preventive maintenance, hardware and software installations, fabrication of unique test equipment, and troubleshooting on assigned system hardware, tools and support equipment
* Develop, present, and materialize complex solutions for non-standard applications
* Maintain equipment in proper working order to meet operations schedule to reduce downtime and provide sound technical solutions to maintain equipment over the life span of operational testing
* Work with multiple teams and be responsible for leading hardware integration efforts
* Utilize analysis tools to assist in system maintenance
* Potentially perform duties as an in-flight operator of the system
* Minimum of 6 years work experience in Systems, Software, or Hardware Engineering
* Knowledge of radar systems and in depth knowledge of radar design and components
* Ability to test, analyze, and troubleshoot software and hardware, develop testing criteria, and evaluate complex electrical, electronic and mechanical systems, subsystems, modules, components, test stations, test fixtures, and/or software
* Demonstrated technical troubleshooting skills of fiber, analog, and/or digital based test solutions
* Lead small teams in the planning and execution of tasks work independently with minimum supervision
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active Top Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Hands on experience with Agilent PNA (Performance Network Analyzer) test equipment and associated RF test measurement devices and test execution (Fiber test set)
* Hands on experience with Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer test equipment
* Ability to obtain Class III flight physical
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in STEM program (i.e. Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science)
Master's Degree from an accredited institution in STEM program (i.e. Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science)
NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 10 years' related experience OR High school Diploma with 14 years' of related experience
143576BR 143576 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.