Provide Hardware Configuration Management (CM) support for the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) business area in El Segundo, California. Perform all aspects of Configuration Management activities including the development of Configuration Management planning documentation; establishment and coordination of Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs) for hardware; managing engineering drawings, specification and software (Firmware), including engineering change documentation, requests for variances and other design documentation; maintaining configuration control of Technical Data Package (TDP); maintaining data within the Common Product Data Management (PDM), status accounting systems; maintaining configuration status accounting documentation; and supporting customer reviews and audits.
Tasks also include working with Program Office, Chief Engineering, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Software Engineering, Operations, Quality, other CDMs and external customer.
* 4+ years of related experience
* Fluent knowledge principles, standards and processes, such as described in EIA-649, Configuration Management Standard.
* Prepare Configuration Management planning documentation
* Experienced in interpreting a Contract, and SOW and writing flow down CM requirements in CMOP and SSOW
* Lead tailoring HW CM processes to program requirements
* Coordinate/Lead/Board Meeting with Engineering Review Board (ERB)Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs)
* Independent CM management of the design, development and maintenance of hardware technical data Interpret engineering drawing practices and apply them to work products under formal control
* Creation and Maintenance of baselines including the functional and physical baselines
* Maintain configuration status accounting documentation
* Support customer reviews and audits
* Skilled in providing guidance to program engineers on the application of the Project Drafting Specification to the program's drawings
* Capable of creating, maintaining and analyzing product structure, correcting errors within CSA data based
* Experience with generating Metrics and Reports through an CSA tool
* Represent HWCM function in Independent Reviews
* Supporting customer meetings and presentations
* Able to develop proposal estimates and apply EAC tools and processes
* Active SSBI clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Working knowledge of Raytheon's Engineering Management System (EMS), Program Gating Process, and CM/DM Processes
* Working knowledge of Program Management Best Practices
* Working knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
* Can work in a team-based environment consisting of organizational and outside customer contacts to meet project goals.
* Possess strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
* Ability to work well with all organizational levels
* Strong people and change agent skills
Bachelor's Degree NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 8 years' related experience OR High school Diploma with 12 years' of related experience.
138865 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
SSBI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.