Powerful Careers - Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
* diversity &
* community service
* 9 employee
* Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
* Challenge Status Quo
* Communication Skills
* Eager to Learn
* Emotional Intelligence
* Leadership Traits
* Problem Solver
* Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
It's fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There's a lot of potential in the company, and I've experienced it firsthand.
- Alfonso Lopez, Engineer Trending
* Making the World a Safer Place
* Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* 401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
* Performance Recognition
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
* Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
* Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Educational Assistance
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
* Relocation Assistance
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
* Parental Leave
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Raytheon Company, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services
At Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, IIS provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon IIS engineering team!
Job Description: University Programs: Software Engineer I (Bachelor's Degree Level)
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic entry level Software Engineer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with the Raytheon IIS team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Working in a team environment to design, code, test, document and deliver new/modified functionality
* Coordinating with developers, testers, configuration management and system engineering to ensure successful integration with other software components.
* Proficiency in the Java or C/C++ computer programming language on a Unix/Linux platform
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl
* Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, Team Foundation Server (TFS))
* Familiarity with Integrated Development Environments (IDE's)
* Knowledge of Object Oriented design
* Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
* Familiar with the software development lifecycle
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Experience with Service-based application development
* Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Sybase)
* Experience with eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
* Experience with Virtual Machines (VM's)
* Familiarity with agile development
* Familiarity with Design Patterns (e.g. Singleton, Model View Controller, Adapter)
GPA of 3.0 cumulative or higher is desired
Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or other equivalent fields obtained within the last 18 months or Spring 2019. Please include your transcript with your resume.
This position is for a Salary Grade G06.
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.