Raytheon is seeking a Systems Engineer/Project Lead who will independently lead projects within the Helios program from concept development through customer delivery. This position supports the Special Projects sub-mission area within CSM in IIS. The Project Lead will maintain the execution of schedule, budget, and deliverables while performing at a high operational tempo to quickly adapt and react to changes in baseline plans and priorities and continue to execute mission-critical and R&D projects. The Project Lead will be responsible for understanding and developing design requirements, aiding and coordinating engineering design, preparing PDR/CDR and other design reviews, integration between technical operators and engineers, action item tracking, customer and subcontractor management. The position requires understanding of mechanical, civil, and/or systems engineering disciplines and theories to ensure the application of technical rigor and best practices throughout the project. The position also requires an Integrated Product Team Leader (IPTL) certification or desire to complete IPTL certification (Raytheon PM Level 6).
* Minimum four (4) years' experience in a Mechanical, Civil, or Systems Engineering role or related discipline
* Experience with requirements generation and analysis
* Experience with test planning, reports, and/or procedure documentation
* Experience with risk identification and mitigation
* Experience generating and tracking project schedules
* Experience with CAD software package for mechanical design and documentation (SolidWorks preferred)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Proficient with MS Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
* Active Top Secret clearance
* Raytheon IPTL (PM Level 6) certification
* PMP certification
* Experience with electro-mechanical systems, automation/robotics, and sensors is a plus
* Experience leading a small team of multi-disciplined staff
* Experience developing project financial estimations (plans and EACs)
* Product development experience using rapid, iterative design and prototyping with frequent integration/test cycles
* M.S. or B.S. in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related discipline
U.S. Citizenship status required as this position needs an active Top Secret security clearance on day one of employment.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 135417BR 135417 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.