Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
The Systems Engineering and Integration Test Center (SEIT) is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex EO/IR applications. The successful candidate will be a member of the ISR&C Systems Department and will provide engineering guidance for the development of product based, integration, verification and validation through the life cycle of programs. The candidate will be responsible for identifying system drivers, characterizing the EO/IR payload architecture, defining the preliminary concept, establishing payload size and performance and verification approaches based upon mission requirements. The candidate will be assessing architecture performance against requirements to identify technical risks, and cost drivers. The candiate will also help create system engineering models, system and unit level requirements, perform analysis and identify technical risks cost drivers. The candidate will provide verification methods and test approaches to ensure execution of the Requirements Verification Plan and Test Requirements Document
* 8+ years of systems engineering experience in EO/IR payloads, sensors or units
* Background in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
* Experience with requirements development, maintenance and management of requirements through the use of DOORS requirement database management tool
* Knowledge of verification methodologies
* Experience in contributing to design reviews (e.g. System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review)
* Experience with system or subsystem level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
* Experience in proposal development including BOE creations
* Experience in preparing management level briefings and summary explanations
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems as separate requirements within the basic qualifications/required skills list
* TS/SCI, or SSBI clearance is required on day 1 of employment
* Experience in Optical engineering and design integration - intepreting sensor/payload/mission requirements and decomposing to design requirements and verification techniques
* Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices
* Experience with requirements verification and sell-off
* Experience with supporting IV&V formal reviews such as Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
* Team oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Technical background in radiometry, thermometry and calibration techniques
* Project management
* Knowledge with EVMS and usage as a management tool
* Technical publications and/or patents
* Master's Degree/PhD in relevant field
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) or relevant field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143533BR 143533 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
SSBI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.