The Sr Systems Engineer is responsible for architecting, implementing and supporting DuPage Medical Group (DMG) Clinical and Administrative office(s) systems infrastructure for critical reliability and maximum uptime. This role will serve as a systems expert and responsibilities will entail recommending and supporting the selection, development, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and enhancement of DMG's compute and storage technologies.
* Design, implement and maintain (break/fix) all compute and storage technologies including Cisco UCS/HyperFlex, VMware, Citrix, Windows and NetApp * Establish and maintain the physical and logical architecture of all components * Perform Active Directory, GPO and hypervisor administration * Diagnose and resolve complex configuration and troubleshooting issues within a multi-vendor, multi-site infrastructure * Ensure system fail-over capabilities between critical operational components and data centers * Create and maintain documentation on process/procedure related to systems design, monitoring, security and disaster recovery * Ensure all compute and storage topology, technology solutions, team and individual work flow is documented and updated regularly * Establish and maintain technical standards and configurations * Document and perform change requests/management as necessary * Establish, monitor, evaluate, and report key performance and key risk indicators (KPIs and KRIs) to provide leadership with visibility into the effectiveness and health of Systems Infrastructure * Monitors systems operations to identify performance and capacity issues * Identifies utilization and performance issues * Develops plans and implements new technologies and services to satisfy capacity and performance requirements * Leadership Responsibilities * Provide technical guidance or training to mid-level and junior staff * Handle escalations, resolve issues for mid-level and junior staff
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
License / Registration / Certification
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) required * VMware Certified Professional (VCP) highly preferred * Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a plus
Level of Education
* Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related field
Years of Experience
* 10+ years of experience in Systems Design or Systems Engineering/Administration
Describe Type of Experience
* 7+ years of experience administering complex systems environments * 7+ years of experience * Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (2008 and newer) * VMware vSphere (5.0 and newer) * 5+ years of experience * Active Directory, GPO and Microsoft Exchange * Enterprise Storage Solutions (Dell/EMC, NetApp) * Enterprise Backup Solutions (Dell/EMC, Rubrick, Veeam) * Previous healthcare experience is a plus
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Extensive experience with systems hardware from leading manufacturers (Cisco, HP, Dell) including design, installation, configuration and maintenance * Detailed knowledge and experience with Windows Servers and Windows Clients including design, installation, configuration and maintenance * Deep expertise with Windows operating systems and tools * Extensive knowledge and experience with system applications and tools including, but not limited to: Active Directory, Group Policy management, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, DFS, SCCM, WSUS, SCOM, Event Viewer, and Performance Monitor * Deep expertise with VMware vSphere and Horizon * Strong proficiency with Microsoft Exchange and O365 * Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols (SSH, HTTP(S), SMTP, etc.) * Ability to troubleshoot using packet capture, data analysis and other common means and to suggest and/or implement configuration changes to correct issues and maximize performance * Strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills * Ability to manage vendor/supplier relationships, including contract negotiation, ongoing maintenance and support as well as problem-resolution * Knowledge of O365 is a plus * Knowledge of VDI/DaaS (VMware, Citrix) a plus * Knowledge of ISO27001 or HITRUST is a plus
ABOUT DUPAGE MEDICAL GROUP
Join one of the fastest-growing healthcare teams in Chicagoland and experience what superior care and innovation is all about. DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the state, providing physician-directed healthcare focused on quality, efficiency and access. Our team is comprised of more than 700 experienced physicians and 5,500 dynamic individuals who work collaboratively to transform healthcare for the thousands of patients we serve each day. We seek candidates who can help fulfill our mission to enhance the well-being of the patients we serve by providing the highest quality medical care available.
About Dupage Medical Group
DMG is the largest independent physician group in Illinois with more than 550 physicians in over 70 locations. Offering expert care with a hometown touch.