DuPage Medical Group
The Database Administrator provides technical administration of a hybrid (premises and cloud) data environment. The Database Administrator is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the database. The DBA will work closely with the Reporting and Analytics team to ensure a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and front end accessibility for end-users.
* Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining all aspects of on premises and cloud DBMS environments including standard database administration, tuning, triggers, view, enterprise features, and constraints
* Lead implementation, software upgrades and other special projects
* Review database logs to ensure stability of overall SQL environment
* Maintain knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
* Administer database environment(s) including
* Install, configure, and administer multiple development, test and sandbox environments
* Monitoring/tuning performance and capacity
* Develop data services, creating indexes, configuring installations and securing environments
* Develop and implement backup and recovery policies and processes. Ensure the integrity of backups and perform testing of necessary recovery operations
* Develop and implement database security policies, procedures and processes including access, logging and monitoring
* Create and maintain documentation on process/procedure related to DBMS design, monitoring, security and disaster recovery
* Review and assist in enhancements on architecture, configuration, security and utilization of database environments and tools within the on premises and cloud environment
* Ensure all database environments, solutions, team and individual work flow is documented and updated regularly
* Establish and maintain technical standards and configurations
* Document and perform change requests/management as necessary
* Establish, monitor, evaluate, and report key performance and key risk indicators (KPIs and KRIs) to provide leadership with visibility into the effectiveness and health of all DBMS environments
* Monitors database operations to identify performance and capacity issues
* Develops plans and implements new technologies and services to satisfy capacity and performance requirements
CERTIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics preferred
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL 2016 Database Administration preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
* Minimum 7 years experience administering complex DBMS environments
* Minimum 7 years of experience with MS SQL (2008 and newer)
* Extensive experience with database administration and analysis in a high-availability production environment
* Experience maintaining on premise and cloud (AWS, Azure) database environments
* Expertise with building & maintaining databases, tables, indexes, performance tuning, and maintaining data integrity
* Extensive Experience with SQL Server Enterprise, preferably version 2016 or newer
* Previous experience with ISO27001 or HITRUST is a plus
* Previous healthcare experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
* Strong knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehouse and business intelligence environment.
ABOUT DUPAGE MEDICAL GROUP
Join one of the fastest-growing healthcare teams in Chicagoland and experience what superior care and innovation is all about. DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the state, providing physician-directed healthcare focused on quality, efficiency and access. Our team is comprised of more than 700 experienced physicians and 5,500 dynamic individuals who work collaboratively to transform healthcare for the thousands of patients we serve each day. We seek candidates who can help fulfill our mission to enhance the well-being of the patients we serve by providing the highest quality medical care available.
About DuPage Medical Group
DMG is the largest independent physician group in Illinois with more than 550 physicians in over 70 locations. Offering expert care with a hometown touch.