Scoot's mission is Electric Vehicles for Everyone. In cities all over the world people need fast, affordable, sustainable mobility. Scoot is the first company to meet that need with a mix of shared electric vehicles, all activated by your phone, and all perfect for life in the city.
We are bringing our service to the cities that will lead the way to a shared electric future. We operate in San Francisco, California, Barcelona, Spain, and Santiago, Chile, with more world-leading cities opening soon.
Our team is comprised of workers who possess incredibly diverse skill sets from electrical engineers, to performance marketers, to fleet mechanics and designers. We are united by our mission and by our culture of valuing each other, our cities, and our planet.
About the role
As a Software Engineer at Scoot, you will be a hands-on contributor to the Rails codebase. You will learn new technologies, influence the product roadmap, build features, push code, and make Scoot more awesome. You will also have an opportunity to learn and grow with the company in your desired career path.
To run a rapidly expanding network of hundreds of smartphone-activated electric vehicles, you have to have one of the deepest, most interesting technology stacks around. Scoot networks combines a core fleet/logistics management platform to operate the live fleet, business and operator centric analytics to efficiently meet supply with demand and the Hardware integration into the vehicles themselves.
We are lean, agile, love building efficient, inventive and useful software while having fun and doing something great for the environment and serving a large portion of transportation market at an affordable price point.
We are looking for engineers to own different aspects of our stack and help us keep up with the incredible demand for fast, fun, electric transportation. The better our technology gets, the more riders and vehicles we can support, the more cities we can serve, and the more we can shift transportation toward clean, electric power. Scoot is already the largest private electric transportation service in the US and will soon be one of the largest electric vehicle fleets in the world.
Relevant experience and mindset:
* 5+ years experience writing software in a demanding professional environment
* BS in CS, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent training and work experience
* Solid understanding of SQL and ActiveRecord
* Appreciation for test/behavior driven development
* Passion for shipping quality code
* Concern for the planet and how much electric vehicles matter
* Comfortable with Agile development process, Git, and Github
An added bonus if:
* Experience as a team lead or managing multiple projects cross-functionally to completion
* Experience with React
* Familiarity with cloud service tools on AWS
* Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
* Love to tackle complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
* Familiarity with basics of a cloud based platform and service-based distributed design
What Scoot offers:
* Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
* Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
* Unlimited scooting
* An amazing culture, team, and mission of which you will be an essential part
* The most-fun chance you will ever get to help save the planet
* Your code will be used to make convenient and clean transportation affordable for communities all over the world
Scoot isn't like other startups. We are a truly mission-driven, friendly, and fun place to work where engineers, mechanics, marketers and managers collaborate to achieve our goal of Electric Vehicles for Everyone. The same motto we share with our riders - Be Seen, Be Safe, Be Nice - applies to how we work with each other.
Scoot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity in our team has been and will continue to be essential to succeeding at our mission to provide Electric Vehicles for Everyone.
About Scoot Networks
Scoot Networks owns and operates an online network for sharing electric scooters.