Scoot's mission is Electric Vehicles for Everyone. In cities all over the world people need fast, affordable, sustainable mobility. Scoot is the first company to meet that need with a mix of shared electric vehicles, all activated by your phone, and all perfect for life in the city.
We are bringing our service to the cities that will lead the way to a shared electric future. We operate in San Francisco, California, Barcelona, Spain, and Santiago, Chile, with more world-leading cities opening soon.
Our team is comprised of workers who possess incredibly diverse skill sets from electrical engineers, to performance marketers, to fleet mechanics and designers. We are united by our mission and by our culture of valuing each other, our cities, and our planet.
About the role:
As the leading multi-modal global shared mobility operator, Scoot has a unique opportunity to leverage our rich dataset to transform that way that people move around cities. We are looking for a talented leader to build out our data science team, technology and process. This is a job for a highly-motivated, considerate, and adventurous manager who will lead our efforts to scale data science to improve our products and operations around the world. Potential applications of data science at Scoot include developing dynamic pricing, vehicle re-balancing algorithms or rider incentives to maximize vehicle utilization.
As Head of Data Science at Scoot, you will:
* Build, scale, and lead a high-impact data science team
* Collaborate with other leaders to create a framework for data-informed decision making
* Work with engineering to identify and structure new data and ensure quality of existing sources
* Define best practices for data science process, from problem definition to presentation
* Prioritize and lead strategic analysis to uncover business opportunities and inform team direction
* Provide feedback and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
Relevant experience and mindset:
* 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in a cross-functional data science role
* 2+ years of management experience growing and leading data science teams
* Deep understanding of statistics and experimental design
* Ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively to move projects forward
* You have production data science experience, i.e. not just fitting a model but being held accountable for performance and reliability in production
* You have strong standards for software engineering practices and can work within a shared codebase.
What Scoot offers:
* Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
* Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
* Unlimited scooting
* An amazing culture, team, and mission of which you will be an essential part
* The most-fun chance you will ever get to help save the planet
Scoot isn't like other startups. We are a truly mission-driven, friendly, and fun place to work where engineers, mechanics, marketers and managers collaborate to achieve our goal of Electric Vehicles for Everyone. The same motto we share with our riders - Be Seen, Be Safe, Be Nice - applies to how we work with each other.
Scoot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity in our team has been and will continue to be essential to succeeding at our mission to provide Electric Vehicles for Everyone.
About Scoot Networks
Scoot Networks owns and operates an online network for sharing electric scooters.