Scoot's mission is Electric Vehicles for Everyone. In cities all over the world people need fast, affordable, sustainable mobility. Scoot is the first company to meet that need with a mix of shared electric vehicles, all activated by your phone, and all perfect for life in the city.
We are bringing our service to the cities that will lead the way to a shared electric future. We operate in San Francisco, California, Barcelona, Spain, and Santiago, Chile, with more world-leading cities opening soon.
Our team is comprised of workers who possess incredibly diverse skill sets from electrical engineers, to performance marketers, to fleet mechanics and designers. We are united by our mission and by our culture of valuing each other, our cities, and our planet.
About the role
Scoot's data team is growing and we're looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist. You'll dive into some of the company's most challenging business questions and help shape the future of sustainable transportation.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
* Become a domain expert in the analysis and optimization of electric transportation networks
* Work closely with business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data
* Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
* Apply statistical models on large datasets for inferential and predictive purposes
* Design, analyze, and communicate the results of experiments
Relevant experience and skills:
* 3+ years of relevant experience working with data to solve problems and drive business goals
* Expert knowledge of SQL and ability to gather, clean, and structure data for downstream analysis
* Proficient in a programming language used for data analysis such as Python or R
* Deep understanding of statistics and experimental design
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with others to solve open-ended problems
An added bonus if:
* Experience with business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau)
* Experience working with telematics and geographic data (GIS)
What Scoot offers:
* Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
* Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
* Unlimited scooting
* An amazing culture, team, and mission of which you will be an essential part
* The most-fun chance you will ever get to help save the planet
Scoot isn't like other startups. We are a truly mission-driven, friendly, and fun place to work where engineers, mechanics, marketers and managers collaborate to achieve our goal of Electric Vehicles for Everyone. The same motto we share with our riders - Be Seen, Be Safe, Be Nice - applies to how we work with each other.
Scoot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity in our team has been and will continue to be essential to succeeding at our mission to provide Electric Vehicles for Everyone.
About Scoot Networks
Scoot Networks owns and operates an online network for sharing electric scooters.