Are you an engineering leader looking to tackle hard problems in the big data space? Are you interested in the challenges of building a large-scale, low latency data service to solve real world problems? Do you have significant interest in and/or experience with big data systems and engineering? And love open source technologies? Then the Cosine Data team could be the right place for you!
We are part of a larger data science & engineering team in the Core OS and Intelligent Edge group to use insights from data to help create the best experiences on our devices, software, and services. Our team includes people with diverse multi-disciplinary backgrounds, engineering and analytical skills, relentless curiosity, and a motivation to impact product quality with data. Our team includes both data scientists who perform data modeling and analytics and data engineers who delivers data products and services. We're hiring for our data engineering group, called Data Integration & Insights (DII).
* Bachelor's degree or higher in related subject or equivalent experience
* 5+ years software engineering experience
* 2+ years software engineering experience with 2+ of the following:
* Cosmos (internal Microsoft distributed computing and storage platform)
* Azure HDInsight and other cloud services
* Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Elasticsearch
* SQL data warehousing
* Strong problem solving and algorithmic thinking capability
* Creativity to find pragmatic paths through ambiguity
* Ability to communicate and collaborate with people representing diverse points of view
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: this position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Power data-driven decisions to flight pre-release Windows and continuously update Windows in marketplace
* Enable Windows and Devices Group leadership to make strategic decisions
* Facilitate experimentations on Windows features and experiences
* Enable teams to take specific actions to improve Windows quality and experience based on comprehensive, cleansed, and enriched qualitative feedback data
* Power near real time alerting for RI self-host gates, Windows Insider experiences, and deployment to retail population
* Operationalize data science analyses based on cutting edge techniques in machine learning, semantic analysis, data mining, experiments, statistics, and more
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.