The overall mission of the Search & AI PM team is to deliver the most relevant, fast and authoritative results for Bing by leveraging the latest AI technologies, having a scalable platform and leveraging Big Data. The team needs a strong leader for its Bing UX Platform & Performance team. The Bing UX Platform team is chartered with improving performance of Bing.com; building tools (e.g Clarity) to understand how users navigate, interact & browse Bing to identify growth opportunities; working on UX platform innovations related to rendering layer; build processes & tools to improve developer and feature agility and migrating key Bing services to Azure. If you are passionate about helping customers & developers with emerging scenarios, are energized by exploring new technologies, and thrive on a v1 product mindset; then this opportunity may be for you.
The candidate will be focused on ensuring speed of web site is a foundation of feature design. This requires understanding of the Bing stack, networking layer, tracking industry trends and close collaboration with Azure CDN, Edge Browser and Networking team for developing unique features. The candidate will perform deep analysis to figure out new ideas for better user experience in slow networks and international markets. Mainstreaming leading edge Client & Compression technologies like Server-Side Rendering and Service Workers into the Bing UX Platform will be a goal. The candidate will work on identifying & migrating key tools and services to Azure with a 1st party=3rd party mindset.
This is an energetic team with a startup atmosphere, where anything is possible. It is a KPI & experiment driven, agile & adaptive, high performance team. A key part of your role will be building relationships with partners like Azure, Windows, broader Performance and Agility Community at Microsoft and all internal teams which are using the UX Stack to build new features every day. Performance and Agility have a direct impact on Revenue through higher user engagement and better developer productivity. This is a fantastic opportunity in the important field of Cloud Services, Developer Agility, Web Performance, Machine Learning and Big Data.
* Strong understanding of Web Development and Networking Stack.
* Good Understanding of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Data Mining.
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, Agility processes and State of the art Developer Tools.
* Understanding of Security, Privacy and Compliance practices.
* Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with a large number of partners and customers and translate requirements into a product vision and roadmap.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Drive the product development of Clarity as an analytics service for internal & external adoption. Use Clarity to identify growth opportunities for Bing.
* Ability to work with Performance and UX Platform development teams to drive top level Perf & Agility Goals.
* Define and evangelize processes for developers across Bing to deliver rich features while maintaining performance of site.
* Facilitate user Studies, propose experiments and write specifications for features that need to be productized.
* Research and design new measurement techniques and metrics.
* Work with compliance, security and privacy experts to deliver compliant scenarios for Bing users.
* Work with infrastructure teams in Azure, Visual Studio and Windows to drive requirements .
* Drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.