Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? If so, then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience (CXP), Customer Reliability Engineering Team!
Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft's global data centers. Azure CXP CRE is a top-level pillar of Azure Engineering that leads world-class customer reliability engagements, modern customer-first experiences for scale, and drives deep customer insights and empathy into the broader Azure Engineering organization. Our teams are listening to customers around the clock, driving improvements and capabilities into services, support programs, service incident experience, community engagements, and more. Our "no dead-end's" philosophy ensures that every customer, regardless of size or scale, can realize their full potential through the Microsoft Cloud.
Azure CXP is looking for a customer focused Service Engineer passionate about customer reliability engineering (Availability, Reliability, Resiliency) and supportability of the Azure platform at scale. This role will be accountable for improving customer experience on Azure, for diagnosing and troubleshooting mission critical customer applications built on the Microsoft Azure platform. Additionally, this role will have a focus on customer success using SAP solutions on the cloud including HANA on Azure specialty VMs and Large Instances. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/sap/
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate breadth while managing complex, highly available services with a deep understanding of the underlying components (Azure Platform, Azure SDK, Azure Portal), and work directly with Customers, Customer Support, Livesite Teams, and Engineering. Our team is looking for a Principal Service Engineer that will help evolve a world-class infrastructure that supports a growing number of CXP customer programs. You will deliver critical, customer facing features and work across many Azure servicing teams, ensuring they meet our customer's needs. You will stay acutely aware of COGS at scale, building features efficiently and ensuring that our infrastructure and automation capabilities meet the needs of CXP program owners.
In this role, you will partner with Program Management, Business, Field, Marketing, and Support teams. You will be surrounded by data scientists, elite developers, and colleagues that obsess over improving customer experience. To be successful in this role, you must have a great track record of customer compassion, an engineering mindset, an innate aptitude for agility, and technical excellence in software engineering.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* - Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Serve as dedicated Customer Reliability Engineer for large scale Azure customers, accountable for assisting them in reaching high reliability targets.
* Collaborate closely with Engineering/PM to ensure the availability and performance of Live Site and the satisfaction of our customers
* Participate in on call coverage rotation - Provide leadership to all customer facing teams during incidents
* Improve Customer experience by analyzing signals from various sources, driving RCA's and Service improvements involving bug fixes
* Drive continuous improvement in the Azure platform incorporating feedback from internal/external customers
* Identify and drive requirements for increased customer self-supportability
* Identify and drive implementation of customer centric mitigation levers and playbooks for Operations Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great teammate.
* Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management skills.
* Data driven with a focus on business results for projects undertaken.
* Demonstrated ability to develop key partnerships.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.