We are building a world-class engineering team with diversified skills and backgrounds. As the leader in in-app video advertising, we are taking on a challenge that has never been solved: how to fundamentally change the mobile advertising industry so that ads make sense for users, application developers, and advertisers. In this role, you will be a hands-on manager of a test development team that focuses on the quality of Vungle's software products.
* As a hands-on engineering manager, you are responsible for building and maintaining mobile tests and sample apps for Vungle's native SDKs as well as plugins and adapters (e.g. MoPub, AdMob, Unity, Corona, Adobe Air, etc.)
* You and your team will provide the development and maintenance of tests to cover API, business logic, functionality, full feature integration, visual UX, etc. on different mobile platforms, their respective OS versions, and devices.
* Architect and engineer solutions for automation and process efficiency.
* Assist team in integration tests on internal and publisher provided sample apps.
* Drive the execution of test plans as part of the SDK development and release cycle.
* Use standard test frameworks to build a comprehensive suite of software tests.
* Debug issues raised by the technical support team by inspecting stack traces, server logs, database entries, memory footprints, and Vungle's codebase.
* Draft and review integration tutorials and sample code for our clients as well as our internal teams.
* Act as a technology leadership resource for all of Vungle and facilitate communications, problem resolution, and effective delivery both within and outside the team.
* Continually assess integration challenges and come up with creative solutions by working closely with other engineering leaders within the organization.
* Grow and mentor the team, encouraging the highest levels of craftsmanship and contribution to engineering and business goals.
* 8+ years of mobile testing experience-may include experience in software development tools and environments.
* 3+ years of software development management experience including scaling team, working with vendors, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
* Proven team and hands-on technology integration leadership experience; comfortable in a results-oriented environment.
* Ability to diagnose and fix issues in mobile apps and diagnose issues in SDKs, APIs, and backends.
* Ability to build mobile apps from scratch using at least 1 mobile app programming language (e.g. Objective-C, Swift, Java, etc.) Ideally having experience with both iOS and Android platforms.
* Experience using test frameworks such as XCTest, Roboelectric, Appium, etc.
* Experience using network proxy tools e.g. Charles, Wireshark, etc.
* Knowledge of the mobile app ecosystem, timelines for new OS version launches, platform and hardware changes, etc.
* Understanding of the mobile game industry, release cycles, performance bottlenecks, etc.
* Previous experience writing technical documentation, tutorials, and software samples for programmers.
* Great communication, collaboration and presentation skills. Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and clients.
* Online or mobile advertising media and network experience is a plus.
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns with publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore.
Vungle is a company providing a technology platform.