Engineering at Vungle:
The DevOps Team at Vungle is in charge of building and maintaining the platform Vungle uses to run production systems. You'll experience a mix of activities from setting up Kubernetes to deploying database systems, to implementing multi-region and multi-cloud deployments. This role is focused on the development of tools & processes to automate deployment of servers and services. There is plenty of room to learn about the software deployment side of things as well.
Technologies We Use:
* AWS, GCP
* Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
* Redis, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka, MemSQL
* Golang, Scala, Python, NodeJS
* Spark, Redshift, ElasticSearch (ELK stack)
* Datadog, New Relic
* Ability to balance doing things right with fixing things quickly. Flexible and pragmatic, while working towards improving the long-term health of the system.
* Comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure success of the system's operation. You will be closely collaborating with other engineering and product teams to ensure that expected system behavior is understood and monitoring exists to detect anomalies.
* You will be called upon to support the stack in the event of a failure. You need to be comfortable with on-call responsibility and be able to manage a crisis working with the broader team, communicating progress and challenges during the crisis.
* 8+ years of experience in a DevOps related role
* Expertise in Linux systems administration
* Experience with Multi-Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
* Hands-on Kubernetes or Docker experience, including deployment tools (spinnaker, istio)
* Solid understanding of server automation systems (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
* Scripting using any language (GO, NodeJs, Bash, python, etc.)
* Hands-on experience with datadog, stack driver, cloudwatch, splunk, elk or other log processing & alerting systems
* Cloud-based networking experience (HaProxy, WAF, ELB, ALB, distributed multi-cloud VPC)
Nice to Have:
* Understanding of various security standards, protocols and implementation details
* Management of a distributed Kafka cluster is a plus
* Ability to plan a distributed database architecture
* Previous professional experience writing in Golang, Java, Scala, C or C++ is a plus
* Experience using & configuring Akamai a plus
* Passionate about trying emerging technologies
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns with publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore.
Vungle is a provider of a mobile performance marketing platform.