Based in beautiful Herndon, VA, we are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader of the Connected Car, Connected Truck and broader Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. Currently, we are seeking a Sr. Software Engineerwith at least 7 years of experience. This is an exciting opportunity for those who wish to work for a stable, well-established company that builds transformational technologies within the revolutionary domain of IoT.
We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company's success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.In particular, we offer:
* Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
* Visionary leadership
* Excellent compensation packages
* An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
* Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
* Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
* Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
* Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
* You will be working on our newest generation software which is completely on the cloud.
* Translate use cases into functional applications
* Create software requirements and design document
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
* Troubleshoot issues in existing applications
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Identify performance bottlenecks develop solutions to these problems
* Develop and execute unit tests
* Identify and implement key application metrics and monitoring solutions
* Proficiency in Java 8
* Proficient with Spring Core, Web and knowledgeable dependency injection mechanics
* Familiarity with developing RESTful web APIs
* Proficient with Linux command line and relevant system troubleshooting utilities.
* In depth understanding of object-oriented programming
* Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
* Familiarity with Postgres RDBM and Mongo NOSQL DB
* Ability to write clean, readable Java code and adhere to team style guides
* A working knowledge of agile software development methodologies
* Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application how it fits into a larger, distributed, platform
* Experience with versioning tools such as TFS, CVS, Git
* Excellent inter-personal, and communication skills, able to engage with users and stakeholders across disciplines, verbally and in writing
* Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
* Professionalism and ability to use diplomacy in working relationships
* Ability to interact with diverse groups of people
* Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively, to take initiative, and to maintain productivity under pressure
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services products including EC2, RDS, SQS, Kinesis
* Experience supporting and troubleshooting high availability, realtime, production AWS applications
* Experience with MongoDB replica sets and sharing
* Experience working with low level network protocols
* Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and associated tools
* Experience working under a DevOps model
If you are a talented Sr. Software Engineer with at least 7 years of experience and an interest in the Internet of Things domain, we want to speak with you. Interviews are occurring this week and next so apply now if interested.
CalAmp is a company offering software applications, cloud services, and telematics devices.