Based in beautiful Irvine, CA we are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader of the Connected Car, Connected Truck and broader Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. Currently, we are seeking a Data Science Engineer with at least 4 years of experience. This is an exciting opportunity for those who wish to work for a stable, well-established company that builds transformational technologies within the revolutionary domain of IoT.
We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company's success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.In particular, we offer:
* Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
* Visionary leadership
* Excellent compensation packages
* An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
* Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
* Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
* Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
* Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
As a Data Science Engineer you will work with our team using the latest data science techniques to analyze structured data, develop models, and write algorithms that lead to recommendations and new best practices.
* You will work with a talented team comprised of a ScrumMaster, product owner, application and devops engineers, a UI/UX designer, and a QA test engineer to build, test and release the product
* Design and build new data set processes for modeling, data mining, and production purposes.
* Determine new ways to improve data and search quality, and predictive capabilities.
* Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
* Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis.
* Create visualizations and reports to show insights obtained from data mining efforts.
* Interact with multiple internal and external sources in support of ongoing and proof of concept projects
* A Bachelor or Master's degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years advanced experience using data science modeling, algorithms, and predictive analytics tools
* 5+ years' experience with building visualization reports from Data science projects
* Experience with machine learning and big data tools and techniques for working with structured data. Examples of tools might include SageMaker, Hadoop, Python packages like scikit learn, numpy, pandas, pyplot, etc. But experience with these specific tools is not required.
* Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable using Java, Python, and Apache Tomcat
* Familiarity with a scripting language like Python, and package libraries
* SQL for database management
* Experience working with visualization tool PowerBi
* Experience using statistical methods, and familiarity with their underlying purpose to analyze data
* Familiarity with Git/GitHub
* Familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum development process
* Detail oriented, with the drive and determination to see projects through to completion
* Experience working with AWS ML/DL/AI Services, AWS Platforms, and AWS Frameworks (Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, SageMaker & EMR)
* Passionate about Data Science, technology, innovation, Electric vehicles, and continued education
* Superior communication and time management skills combined with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and summarize in a format which allows management to take critical actions strategically
If you are a talented Data Science Engineer with at least 4 years of experience and an interest in the Internet of Things domain, we want to speak with you. Interviews are occurring this week and next so apply now if interested.
CalAmp is a company offering software applications, cloud services, and telematics devices.