Based in beautiful Richardson, TX, we are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader of the Connected Car, Connected Truck and broader Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. Currently, we are seeking a Technical Support Specialist with at least 2 years of experience. This is an exciting opportunity for those who wish to work for a stable, well-established company that builds transformational technologies within the revolutionary domain of IoT.
We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company's success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.In particular, we offer:
* Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
* Visionary leadership
* Excellent compensation packages
* An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
* Personal Time Off
* Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
* Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
* Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
What you'll be doing:
* Provide troubleshooting to installers for the LoJack/ LoJack Early Warning products.
* Provide troubleshooting to installers for CalAmp telematics products and mobile applications used by installers. Primary business of new car dealer LoJack installations, LotSmart dealer programs and SureDrive customers.
* Escalate and monitor all unresolvable issues for resolution.
* Understand field technology such as the installer invoice application (MIT) and the MIT Web Admin portal to assist technicians in troubleshooting to resolution.
* Understand and support mobile devices used with all installer applications (Apple primary devices).
* Knowledgeable and can support troubleshooting mobile device connectivity by understanding Cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
* Provide installer and customer support using CalAmp's proprietary systems, which include COLT, CTC, PULS, UI and Mobile Applications.
* In-house technical assistance able to understand and describe basic 12volts wiring functionality and to assist installers in troubleshooting and support.
* In-house quality assurance knowledge of best practices and able to understand installation expectations and requirements for products and vehicles.
* Answer dealer and customer interactions on an as needed basis.
* Support other roles within the Command Center and/or managing specific projects on an as needed basis.
* Capable of using dual computer monitors simultaneously while accessing several systems at one time.
* Organized and efficient accessing websites, entering login credentials and providing immediate support to callers. Essential component to an employee's success.
* Outstanding troubleshooting, technical and customer service skills.
* Adept problem solving, analytical skills and asks questions to help determine a resolution.
* Proficient with administrative systems including Oracle, NetSuite, Salesforce, Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Excel specifically).
* Smart Phone knowledge including downloading apps, changing settings and understanding various forms of wireless communications.
* Ability to organize and communicate information clearly.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess high level of written and verbal communication skills to provide support through incoming calls and email.
* Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Advanced Smartphone user
* Basic knowledge of 12 volt circuits used in automobiles
* Critical thinker and problem solver
* High interest in self thought, hands on learning new systems and productsStrong Pluses
* MECP Certification
* Alarm, Remote Car Starter and Telematics Installer
* 1+ Years installing or supporting products that rely on cellular and GPS technology
* 3+ Years using an iPhone beyond making phone calls and text messagingIf you are a talented Technical Support Specialist with at least 2 years of experience and an interest in the Internet of Things domain, we want to speak with you.
CalAmp is a company offering software applications, cloud services, and telematics devices.