Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace currently has an opening for a Sr. Research Scientist to work in our SATCOM and Radio Frequency (RF) group within the Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) department of the Honeywell Aerospace Advanced Technology organization. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary global team including professionals from the United States, the European Union and Asia with backgrounds in avionics and CNS systems R&D. Our team conducts research and development in SATCOM and RF concepts and technologies.
* Advance radar algorithm development for detection and tracking in Degraded Visual Environments, Collision Avoidance, Doppler navigation, and Radar altimetry
* Conduct overall project activities including requirement analysis, concept design, tradeoff analysis, prototype system integration, prototype flight testing and evaluation.
* Author scientific proposals, patents and papers
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors of Science Degree
* 3 years' hands on experience with target detection and tracking algorithms for radar or SATCOM systems
* 3 years' hands on experience with system design tools, e.g., Matlab, Qt, Git
* Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
* Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
* Strong C/C++ programming skills
* FMCW Radar or FMCW Phased Array Radar Experience
* FMCW Radar Waveform Optimization
* Experience with Polarimetric Radar Signal Processing / Algorithms
* Ability to perform systems/SW/HW concept development, architecture design, trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down in support of new concepts of operations
* Experience working on government R&D projects from DARPA, DOD, NASA, Homeland Security or classified U.S. government agencies
* Experience directing technical teams
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 15001 NE 36th Street, Redmond, WA 98052 USA
* Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is a diversified technology and manufacturing company that invents and commercializes technologies in the areas of energy, safety, security, productivity, and global urbanization.