How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This contingent position is being considered & hired for all non-management levels (G08-G09) based upon selected candidate's applicable experience.
Raytheon is looking to hire an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
An analyst with Security Operations Centers (SOC), Cyber Security Operations Centers (CSOC), and Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) experience, is needed to support the customer team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations. This position would be located in Falls Church, Virginia.
Tour 1: 11:30 PM - 8:00 AM
Weekend 1: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Weekend 2: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Job responsibilities will include:
* Participates in a team of Security operations engineers investigating alerts, anomalies, errors, intrusions, malware, etc. to identify the responsible, determine remediation, and recommend security improvements
* Follows precise analytical paths to determine the nature and extent of problems being reported by tools, e-mails, etc
* Follows strict guidance on reporting requirements
* Keeps management informed with precise, unvarnished information about security posture and events
* Promotes standards-based workflow both internally and in coordinating with US-CERT
* Engages with other internal and external parties to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
* Supervises and guide team efforts
* Communicates to CISO leadership
* Produces design documentation
* Leads analyzing/investigating reports or anomalies
* Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance - Position of Public Trust - and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
* 4+ years of relevant work experience for a G08 level
* 6+ years of relevant work experience for a G09 level
* Knowledge of networking protocols and security implications
* Knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection
* Experience ensuring firewall security standards are met
* Extensive Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, etc. log analysis
* Trouble ticket generation and processing experience
* Extensive experience troubleshooting security reports on Linux, Windows, routers, firewalls, applications, etc.
* Experience scripting with PowerShell, bash/ksh/sh, Cisco IOS.sh, JunOS sh/csh, Perl, Tcl, Lua
* Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools including, but not limited to, Metasploit, vulnerability scanners, Kali Linux, and Nmap.
* Some experience with system hardening guidance and tools
* Security documentation experience (DIACAP/RMF)
* Some Splunk query-development expertise
* Experience on an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II initial incident triage.
* Experience guiding junior analysts
* Experience guiding junior Security operations teams in incident response
* Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with Sec Ops leadership.
* Must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting.
Splunk experience, developing queries, data models, and dashboards
Some digital analysis and forensics experience using Encase, Palantir, I2 Analyst's Notebook, FTK or similar tools
Excellent writing skills
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Desired Certifications (one or more):
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II;
CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Falls Church
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.