Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of the advanced electrical scanned radar sensor system for the U.S. Navy's F/A-18 Aircraft. This AESA Systems provides the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Tactical Radar Systems Department supports the international contracts. There is an immediate need for a deputy Chief Engineer and this key contributor will interface with the Lead System engineer and mode developers and the verification team on the systems team during development and sell off.
Primary job functions will involve reviewing the requirements for each mode, ensuring a verification plan for each requirement is in place, reviewing the software development of the modes and implementation of the mode architecture. The Chief Engineers are also responsible for interacting with the functional management to ensure that the proper staff is in place to complete the assigned tasks. The CE will perform requirements analysis to ensure the hardware and software meet all of the exportability requirements as well.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
The ideal candidate will be a systems engineer with experience in the development and delivery of Radar Systems and technologies. The engineer will be responsible for overall technical performance of the program and coordinate to ensure that the team executes on the assigned tasks. They will be responsible for day to day execution of the Software, Analysis and Verification teams and track progress against performance, testing, and verification.
* Must have experience in a radar development environment
* 10 + years of Engineering experience with a BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline
* Experience in design and development of AESA radars
* Experience in preparing and executing mode development and implementation activities
* Understand the software build and requirements verification processes
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment, plus ability to obtain SAP/SAR clearances
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* EVMS certified and knowledgeable with risk management
* Experience as a Technical Lead on a previous program
* Data Reduction and Data Analysis
* System level architecture & modeling experience
* Good presentation skills
* Knowledgeable of exportability requirements
* Experience performing trade studies
* Six Sigma practical knowledge and / or project experience desired (formal Six Sigma training or certification preferred).
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in engineering, math, or science. A Master's degree is preferred
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
139194 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Flight & Aircraft
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.