Join a team whose passion is to make the world a safer place. Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is an innovator and provider of the AESA Radar Systems which enable the war fighter's edge. The Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a recognized technical leader committed to creating innovative and cost-effective system security solutions for our radar systems.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a talented Sr Principal System Engineer to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key pillars: anti-tamper, cyber security, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis.
The Sr Principal Systems Engineer must be able to work independently and as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The Sr Principal Systems Engineer will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for developing advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging guidelines and concepts. The Sr Principal Systems Engineer must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, and may be required to brief senior Raytheon and customer leadership teams.
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT *
* Minimum of 10 years of Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering experience (physics, embedded software and/or hardware)
* Familiarity with requirements development, analysis, derivations, verification and/or validation
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills
* Must be able to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
* ACTIVE Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional program-level special clearances
* U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Familiarity with Program Protection, NIST/RMF process, Anti-tamper, Supply Chain and/or Risk Management Software Assurance
* Experience with GPS and navigation techniques
* Experience with defining requirements for complex multi-processors for real-time systems
* Familiarity with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, requirements analysis tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
* Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
* Active Top Secret security clearance
* Existing SAP/SAR clearance
* B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics; Advanced degree(s) preferred
133519BR 133519 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.