Join the men and women of Northrop Grumman Information Systems in meeting some of the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Cyber System Engineer to support internal research and development of cutting edge network security technologies. This position resides at our office in Herndon, VA.
Position requires a high degree of technical proficiency and familiarity with software and network security issues as well as system design experience. Candidate will apply current network and security technologies to the review, design, development, and integration of a network security system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Working with and configuring network security tools including firewalls, IDS/IDP appliances, and event management and correlation tools.
* Solid theoretical and hands-on experience with IP networking technologies is required.
* Attention to detail and a willingness to document and provide documentation and status of projects is a must.
* Customer interfacing background, as well as excellent verbal and presentation skills.
* Must be able to work independently and on multiple projects/activities concurrently and recommend future direction or projects to management.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* 5 years experience with Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science , Engineering or related STEM field or 3 years with a Masters degree; or 9 years in lieu of a degree
* Must have at least an Active SECRET clearance
* Experience operating network security systems for network IDS, virus and malicious code detection, vulnerability analysis, and content inspection systems to perform security analysis.
* Professional Certifications considered a plus - Security , GSEC, GISP, SSCP, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CAP, GCIH
* Demonstrated knowledge of routing and network protocols (e.g. ARP, TCP/IP, DHCP, UDP, OSPF, BGP)
* Demonstrated knowledge of LAN/WAN configuration and security strategies
* Demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages (e.g.python, bash, Tcl)
* Familiarity with networking tools and software (e.g., wireshark, tcpdump, tcpreplay, Ciscoworks, Microsoft Office Suite, Active
Directory/Exchange, Microsoft System Management Server, VMware vSphere and ESX)
* Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
* Excellent verbal communication skills and succinct writing style
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.