At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Agile Coach & Software Process Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego.
Are you interested in being part of a team that transforms a large software organization into a high performing team? Are you looking for an opportunity that empowers you to incorporate agile methodologies and software best practices to increase efficiency and quality? If so this position is for you. The Autonomous Design Center of Excellence Agile Coach & Software Process lead responsibilities include leading the incorporating of agile methodologies for multiple large scale programs, coaching and mentoring agile teams and leaders, as well as developing software processes and procedures to increase efficiency and quality.
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving standard agile methodologies, policies, and procedures for an Agile, iterative solution lifecycle, from an executable architecture, concept development, iterative design, production, delivery, deployment, and maintenance.
This position reports to the Autonomous Design Center of Excellence Software Director.
* Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) related field
* Minimum of 20 years of Engineering Experience or 18 years of Engineering Experience with a Master's Degree or 15 years of Engineering Experience with a PHD.
* Broad technical experience with concentration in the design, development, integration, implementation, and operations of complex large-scale information systems and technologies.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years Agile experience leading team
* Current Interim Secret Level Security clearance or higher.
* Hands-on experience in incorporating agile methodologies for large scale teams
* Strong understanding of SCRUM, Feature Driven Development, Test Driven Development (TDD), eXtreme Programming (XP), Continuous Integration & Delivery.
* 5 years Agile experience leading teams
* Experience giving tutorials and/or training
* Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within DoD or Federal government environments
* Effective communicator, capable of effectively translating and presenting complex concepts to both technical and nontechnical management and customers, through presentations and written media
* Mastery of systems engineering discipline, to include proven practical experience in the following, preferably for large programs: Requirements interpretation, definition and allocation and Risk identification and mitigation
* Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and their application to agile programs
* Experience with transitioning teams from waterfall to agile methods and practices
* Certification in one or more of these designations is desired: Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Agile Coach, Certified facilitator, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Project Management Professional (PMP).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.