Are you an experienced software engineer looking for a rewarding and challenging career as a Principal/Sr. Principal Software Modeling and Simulation Engineer to support advanced weapons concepts? If so, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems in Northridge, CA may be the employer for you! Partial relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
In this role, you will be working with other engineers and analysts to apply and/or develop advanced technologies and concepts in simulation of high-fidelity systems capable of predicting performance. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
* Perform modeling and simulation tasks for hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) integrated flight simulations
* Integrate guidance, navigation, and autopilot algorithms into high-fidelity flight simulations
* Perform modeling and simulation tasks for system survivability, system effectiveness, and engagement/mission-level scenarios
* Perform trade studies and simulation analyses with the objective of enhancing and optimizing system performance capability
This position may be filled at a higher grade based upon qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or Sr. Principal level.
Basic qualifications for Principal engineer:
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics * Current/active U.S Government issued DoD Secret Clearance * 5 years C/C programming experience
Basic qualifications for a Sr. Principal engineer:
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics * Current/active U.S Government issued DoD Secret Clearance * 9 years C/C programming experience
* MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics * Current/Active TS Clearance * Expert in C , MATLAB, and Simulink programming * Knowledge of RF threat modeling * Familiarity with AFSIM, ESAMS, JWS * Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels with internal and external customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.