At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values
that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Staff Cyber Systems Engineer to join their team in San Diego, CA.
What You'll Get To Do:
The ideal candidate will apply system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the overall security posture of the system. They will identify threats and develop appropriate protection measures, review system changes for security implications and recommend improvements, research and draft Cybersecurity white papers, and provide top tier support to the rest of the team for resolving complex technical challenges. The selected candidate will be interfacing and presenting to the customer, acting as the spokesperson for the Cyber team.
Roles & Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
* The role will be leading and mentoring a technical team of approximately 20 cyber engineers
* Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security
documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
* Responsible for developing and executing test procedures to verify security controls
* Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
* Systems Administration tasks such as configuring & maintaining Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Objects, security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, implementing Department of Defense requirements on servers and workstations
* System analysis activities to include requirements analysis, gap analysis, analysis of alternatives
* COTS software installation, documentation, configuration and maintenance
* Development of high-level and detailed system design artifacts in accordance with DoD architecture framework
* Development of trade studies to introduce solutions, products, services and best practices to fit customer needs
* There is the expectation that the hired candidate has the ability to provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements of platforms, systems and labs
* A qualified candidate must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
* Occasional travel may be required
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to
diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that
putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring these Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related STEM discipline with 14 years of related experience; 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a STEM degree.
* Experience with Crypto, Radio, COMSEC, INFOSEC experience
* Experience with Linux & Windows system administration
* Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53) and/or Committee for National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253)
* Current DoD 8570/8140 IA Certification (Security CE or similar) OR must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, the certification within 6 months of start date
* Minimum active Secret clearance (Last investigation within the last 5 years)
* Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, a Special Access Programs (SAP/SAR) level clearance as a condition of continued employment
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following technologies: AD/DNS, Patch Management, PKI, HBSS, ACAS, VMware products, Splunk
* Familiarity in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Cybersecurity Lifecycle to include: identifying controls and overlays, generating testable requirements, identifying resilient architecture design, configuring, running, and scripting
audit tools, providing analysis of vulnerability analyses, conducting verification testing for compliance assessment
* SQL database experience
* The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, or a related field, an active Security CE certificate, and 4 years of hands-on experience with Risk Management Framework in a DSS and/or JSIG environment
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
* Education Assistance
* Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.