At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented individual to lead a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers located in San Diego, CA.
Are you interested in managing a department that is driving significant software changes on how we perform software development? The Autonomous Design Center of Excellence Software DevSecOps department manager will be responsible for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Automation, development environment security, and physical/virtual machines in our hybrid development computing / cloud environment. The DevSecOps department manager oversees resources that are working across multiple programs and divisions at the Autonomous Design Center of Excellence.
* Incorporating Continuous Integration & Delivery of software products across the Autonomous Design Center of Excellence Programs
* Department Manager responsibilities for all DevOps software personnel, roughly 40-50 direct reports.
* Proactively perform risk assessments and provide input to make our software deliverables more reliable, scalable, and cost-effective.
* Provide the infrastructure, configuration and best practices that facilitate automated testing, load testing, stress testing, and integration testing such that users have the ability to develop tests to ensure resiliency
* Build and maintain virtualized environments platforms to facilitate end-to-end testing
* Incorporating industry best practices as it relates to security, privacy, and disaster recovery.
* Bachelor Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an accredited university.
* Minimum of 7 years of Engineering Experience
* Experience with Atlassiaan Tool Suite
* Prior experience with continuous integration and delivery
* Software leadership experience
* Experience with one of the following programming languages: C, C , C#, Java
* Candidate must be able to obtain interim secret clearance to start and must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret or Top Secret level.
* Demonstrated success on managing a large scale team that spans multiple customers
* Master's Degree
* Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
* Experience as a team lead that has demonstrated success by incorporating continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Experience with of multiple operating systems, development tools and environments
* Demonstrated success of understanding of industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies.
* Experience with virtual environments, such as VMWare and/or Docker
* Experience with earned value management
* Strong presentation, coordination and communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.