The Sr. Manager of Development is responsible for several teams providing development, maintenance, support, and enhancement services for T-Mobile applications/systems that support critical business functions and may either be custom developed or a packaged solution requiring a combination of development and configuration.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* 7-10 years of Experience of developing large scale business systems applications required.
* 2-4 years of Management experience with programming staff including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for 4 large projects required
* More than 10 years overall IT experience required.
* Mastery of the development tools and expertise with modern programming languages (Node JS, React JS, HTML 5, Angular JS, CSS, Java).
* Knowledge of the following is required; architecture, product development using C++, Java/Objective C, JSON, messaging protocols, and Micro Services.
* Experience in building solid, scalable UI and/or API platforms in the B2B technology space preferred.
* Experience in Salesforce Platform including Lightning, Apex, Workflow Customization and Configuration and Heroku is preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
* Experience in creating and operating complex technology solutions in the B2B domain across multiple vendors, partners and platforms and prior success in driving execution of large-scale project with multiple teams in support of business goals
* Hands on experience with Agile methodologies and proven leadership skills to guide teams.
* Builds staffing plans that ensure management and development teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new systems functionality required by the business.
* Provides input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses to meet budget.
Technology and System
* Recommends new technology directions in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams.
* Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions.
* Oversees digital UI and API/services development in modern cloud based technology stack.
* Lead development of software applications - Uis and services for internal and external users, customers and partners.
* Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices in the B2B technology development space.
* Designs and leads B2B technology proof of concepts.
* Works with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
* Constantly improves the development processes, tools and methodologies used in the development group.
* Delivers high quality products on time and within budget.
Relationship and People Management
* Oversees technical relationships with multiple assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
* Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
* Interviews and hires qualified managers and team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
* Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
* Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
* Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.