Manager, Software Development | Enterprise IP & Security Performance Solutions
T-Mobile Enterprise IP & Security (EIS) plays a key role in guarding customer trust and enterprise-wide security. We collaborate with multiple functional areas and impact every element of our business: corporate, networks, retail, IT and others.
We are looking for a result-oriented Software Development manager to lead the EIS Performance Solutions group. You will mentor, coach and lead a team of developers, who will establish, build & maintain a solid operational platform for IP and security infrastructure. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of simplifying complexity with automation and is a passionate builder of talent and teams.
Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly deliver solutions to our internal customers, primarily focused on network experience, performance monitoring and capacity management. We expect that developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the solution vision, technical architecture and delivery. This position will interface with developers, domain experts and managers working on multiple projects. You are expected to provide thought leadership and collaborate with Engineering & Operations teams, understand implications of work, drive consensus and recommendations for solutions.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 5+ years of experience in a software engineering environment or experience working in a highly technical role required.
* 1+ years' experience managing a team of engineers (preferably, software engineers) in a team lead, supervisor or manager capacity required.
* Databases: Demonstrated skills in designing or developing solutions with SQL database backends (SQL, No SQL)
* Strong leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and empathy.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Solutioning experience: Identify and analyze business requirements from stakeholders, convert to technical requirements, evaluate benefit vs TCO, define and update solution approach.
* Understanding of IP networking topology, protocols, data flows, and how firewalls, load balancers, VPN, DNS systems operate.
* Experience with PowerBI, Tableau or similar solutions.
* Familiarity with ITIL, Agile software development methodologies, etc.
* Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or in a computer programming related field.
Technology and System
* Establish / evolve platforms, architectures and solutions to support Enterprise IP and Security functions. This includes performance monitoring, network experience, capacity forecasting and inventory management.
* Contributes to solution strategy, development and delivery in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
* Works with SQL server suite, Power BI / Tableau and cloud BI solutions. Shares expertise in ETL, meta-data management and data quality. Collaborates with users and developers on the efficient use of visualization tools for self-service.
* Leads IP and Security analytics / automation proof of concepts.
* Monitors and measures work tasks to ensure deliverables are provided on time, high quality and within budget.
Relationship and People Management
* Inspirational leadership: Fosters a culture of innovation, teamwork, accomplishment and excellence. Demonstrates integrity. Delivers feedback and develops team members and managers. Inspires employees to achieve business results. Uses leadership experiences to guide direct reports and team members. Have awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging assignments to promote development.
* People Network: Identifies opportunities, takes action to build relationships and inclusive environments within one's team and across other teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals. Leverages the capabilities, and ideas of others. Demonstrates trust.
* Strategic thinking: Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action. Measures deliverables to determine success of goals, gain input from stakeholders, and adapting action plan as necessary
* Engagement & Motivation: Creates a trusted team environment where team members are engaged, anticipate customer's need, strive to do their best and deliver results. Effectively motivates team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback / coaching, and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
* Also responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by business management as needed.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.