Do you want to work on the latest network and security technology? Do you want to lead an exceptional team of technical people who support nearly every internal customer at T-Mobile? Do you want to feel like you are directly contributing to the success of T-Mobile, and be part of the Uncarrier movement? Look no further! We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative leader with a history of strategic and tactical execution. This person will lead optimization programs in the existing core and edge infrastructure, while validating designs and auditing the existing network configuration to ensure consistency and quality in design and deployment. This leader will also have responsibility for work flow management and validation of design optimization standards across the core and transport networks.
The Senior, Infrastructure Optimization Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Transmission and IP Network. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. May be informal team leader.
The Senior, Infrastructure Optimization Design Engineer's will have responsibility for projects focused on transmission and IP core network designs to minimize the points of failure within the network, reduce costs, maximize the ability of the team to drive points of failure out of the network resulting in the best customer experience possible. This leader will have a heavy focus on infrastructure cost savings while reducing the overall time to eliminate points of failure within their scope.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in strategic thinking, analytics, results focus, change & innovation, relationship building & influencing, inspirational leadership and customer focusAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 7+ Years Technical engineering experience
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Fostering Innovation: The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure with minimal supervision - including the ability to simultaneously support multiple strategically significant tasks under fixed/accelerated deadlines.
* Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Conceptual Thinking: The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
* Strategic Thinking: The ability to analyze the organization's competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers (internal and external), and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills. The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
* Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
* Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment to their work.
* Inspiring Others: Ability to convey confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility.
* Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
License or Certification
Preferred: Master's Degree.
* Technical System Expertise: Deep understanding of system parameters, configurations, and how to alter them for desired results. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead teams and deliver complex network designs. Subject matter expert in the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Good understanding of adjacent processes and workflows.
* Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects and team members by active contribution through the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Will be expected to present project improvement scenarios to management for consideration. Creates procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network. Able to diagnose and redesign based on changing business requirements and objectives. Able to lead others through various scenarios and explain the variance and impact. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
* Innovation: Develops, designs, and implements new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Investigative independent study and problem solving for non-routine tasks. Analyzes existing processes and vendor roadmaps to highlight upcoming technology changes that would make the processes or tools more effective within a given VP function. Drives to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Initiates and facilitates brainstorming sessions and product and process improvement dialogues.
* Technical Writing: Writes advanced documentation, architecture, capabilities, limitations, and advantages for technologies. Creates and modifies clear documentation on existing and new systems. Able to design and communicate technical system specifications and business requirements. Able to present complex ideas to non-technical audience. Creates and presents executive presentations. Participate in industry professional norms.
* Technical Leadership: Present highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical decision-makers. Continuously learns, creates content, and teaches others specific subject areas. Informally coaches and contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning sessions. Coach and develop engineers across functional teams on technology decisions.
* Technology Strategy: Evaluates new and existing technology options that supports business goals. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the VP organization. Understand financial decisions, including NPV and ROI, based on customer experience/business drivers.
* Supplemental Region/Market Functions: Strategic end to end dimensioning, planning and performance of the network; Development of optimization features and processes; Provides capacity plans and performance reports; Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services; Supports performance related lab and FOA activities; Feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services; In depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and sunsetting technologies; Development and deployment of network technology software/automation reporting and tools to meet internal customer and business challenges; Collect, process and evaluate market/regional analytics to identify further business CAPEX spend and OPEX Savings
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.