We are looking for developers who love challenges and have experience building complex web applications at scale. Work as a contributing member of an advanced software development team using modern software development techniques to produce world-class public safety software both for cloud based and on-premise solutions:
* Design, develop, and maintain software application following established standards, procedures, and specifications.
* Develop code and create unit and other automated testing solutions.
* Able to participate in group discussions by expressing thoughts and ideas clearly.
* Self driven, high energy, highly innovative person with a positive attitude.
* Effectively collaborate with technical leaders in a multi-team environment.
* Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
The ideal candidate will have at least some of the following skills and experience:
* BS degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.
* 4+ years of Software Development experience
* Strong background in server-side web development, preferably in at least one of these technologies: JAVA, or .NET
* Experience with software technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Git
* Experience with big data technologies (Kafka and Storm)
* Knowledge of client- and server-side web app performance scaling techniques; Be prepared to discuss application optimization experience on previous projects
* Real-time application development using tools such as WebSockets, SignalR, or Socket.IO
* Experience with responsive design, including optimizations for desktop and mobile browsers
* Experience defining and building Web (REST) APIs for internal and external usage
* Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL data stores, including the ability to choose the right one for the job
* Production application experience with public web applications; Ideally, you should have some knowledge of (and/or experience with) public cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
* Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
* Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Interested in working in a continuous deployment environment
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.