THIS IS AN ON SITE POSITION WORKING AT THE WASHINGTON METRO AREA TRANSPORT AUTHORITY CENTER IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
The RMS/CAD/Mobile System Administrator will be responsible for various customer supporting functions and products including RMS/CAD/Mobile systems, related clients, GIS systems, and other various interface systems. Preferred applicants will also have experience/familiarity with hardware including HP Blade Servers, SAN technology, Fortigate firewall and router, Cisco Networking, and other various system components. The candidate must have excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills.
System Administrator Project Related Competencies:
* Works with Motorola Support, Product Management, Engineering, and Business Analyst groups to record troubleshoot reported problems and system outages, identifies root cause, communicates and documents resolution within an internal case tracking software.
* Trains customer staff on technical best practices and work around solutions.
* Gathers data that will aide in code fixes specific to the customer's environment, and/or defects identified within a specific product.
* Provides support for system validation prior to customer training engagements, functional demonstrations, and 'go-live' events.
* Easily recognizes system deficiencies and understands what information must be collected and evaluated to implement effective software solutions.
* Aides in the creation and execution of development plans for assigned system.
* Aides in system implementation and performs system upgrades and maintenance.
* Creates and maintains system related diagrams, documentation, and training materials to allow off hours staff to effectively manage assigned system.
* All other tasks as assigned by management, or requested by customer within contractual agreement.
Organizational Responsibilities Development
* Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
* Willingness and ability to communicate with management, and project management to ensure customer satisfaction and system stability.
* Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by Motorola.
* Trains and/or mentors other innovators through both formal and informal training programs.
* Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
* Works well as a single resource, and as a member of a team.
Professional Qualities Leadership:
* Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
* Builds expert knowledge in the Mission Critical Software and Public Safety Solution Industry.
* Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ team's knowledge and abilities on projects, both internal and external.
* Works both internally and w/ external teams to collaborate, problem solve and deliver the highest quality services to both internal and external customers.
* Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities that will improve customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships.
* 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving CAD/RMS/Mobile
* Proven track record working with or deploying enterprise hardware and software solutions; HP preferred
* Experience with MS SQL Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE Skills)
* Experience with MS SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM) preferred
* Experience with Firewalls and routers; Fortigate preferred
* Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, networking and third party components preferred
REQUIRED: PremierOne CAD and RMS experience, please outline specifics in resume
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.