Motorola Solutions VESTA NEXT Routing Services is a portfolio of products and services that deliver the critical elements needed to enable and operate a NextGen Core Services (NGCS) solution. The call and multimedia routing subsystem technology is known as VESTA® Router. VESTA Router is responsible for receiving the incoming emergency calls, voice, SMS and multimedia, in an NENA i3 SIP format from the originating service provider (OSP). The VESTA NEXT NG9-1-1 Call Routing Service is specifically designed and engineered to provide a scalable solution that accommodates both legacy and Next Generation call routing.
The NGCS Systems Integration team is responsible for the customer specific design elements, solution configuration, integration planning, delivery and performance testing of sold services. This team is measured upon their ability to achieve the design requirements within budget, on-time and according to the terms and conditions of the contractual commitment made with the customer. The NGCS SI team is comprised of Network Engineering and Project Management resources chartered with delivery of the VESTA NEXT Routing Services. They are supported within the home department by NGCS Technical Services and Telco Solutions team members.
The role of the NextGen Core Services Network Engineer is to design and implement transport networks that connect Next Generation 911 call traffic between Originating Service Providers (OSP's), through our Vesta Core Router Solution and to Public Safety Answering Points. This includes configuration planning of IT, Transport, and network system interfaces.This position also assists in maintaining, monitoring and managing the deployed network. The Network Engineer positively impacts the integration processes, including requirements gathering, solution definition, implementation planning, and execution.
* Plans, research, and evaluate designs using third party products, carrier backhaul, and microwave solutions to create solutions for Emergency Service IP Networks (Esinet) solutions for PSAP to Data Center interconnectivity.
* Prepare detailed specification, configuration and documentation from high and low level IP network designs.
* Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methods.
* Ability to conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Develops alternative routing scenarios and changes in required sequence of network activities.
* Develop and execute acceptance test plans with emphasis on IP network.
* Provide solutions for unique environments that may require Layer 2 or Layer 3 functions including OSPF, BGP, VRRP, QoS, ACLs, NAT, and DNS solutions.
* Provide hands on experience to deploy third party equipment
* Provide continuous improvement support with Product and Deployment teams to increase quality and efficiency of the NextGen Core Services Network Designs.
* Create and execute acceptance test plans with emphasis on IP Transport.
* Configuration of third party products that include switching, routing, DNS, Firewall, and Load balancing functions.
* Mentor Staff and junior staff in Transport Design and deployment areas.
* Own issues and exceptions and works them through to resolution.
* Produce transparent written and verbal communications.
* Prioritize time and financial spend to maximize spend / risk reduction return.
* Create controls and mitigation strategies and frameworks as needed.
* Ensure expectations for delivery or resolution are met and communicated transparently to clients, both internal and external.
* In depth knowledge of networking protocols, system calls, TCP/IP stack, and OSI model.
* Strong knowledge in Networking Protocols
* Advanced level of knowledge of incident response, detection and prevention.
* Proven track record of exhibiting strong judgement and adherence to ethical standards.
* Strong problem solving skills, analytical abilities and ability to deliver high performance.
* Ability to work independently as well as with others.
* Ability to work productively with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to provide effective mentoring to increase the skill level of personnel.
* Ability to work the required hours to ensure delivery of services and meet deadlines.
* On call rotation is a requirement of this position.
* Experience supporting complex end-to-end network solutions in a Mission Critical environment.
* A working knowledge of routing and switching protocols and network security standards.
* Knowledge of communication protocols, client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration.
* Understanding of systems integration processes, requirements gathering, and software deployment.
* Hands on experience with design and implementation of Transport equipment including Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, Switches, and Routers. Functional experience using STP, DHCP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, QoS, VXLAN, ACLs, NAT, SAN, CGNAT, MPLS, VRFs.
* Ability to understand and articulate details associated with existing customer networks and create customer specific procedures to integrate.
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced organization with aggressive deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment, maintaining accountability to management.
* Ability to travel up to 50%.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.