(this is and internal Corporate IT position NOT consulting)
Enables change in an organizational context by defining needs and recommending solutions. Responsible for analysis of complex business system problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements. Configures system settings and options, plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems and assess available technology and recommend solutions. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing and uses development specifications to create detailed test cases and analyze results. Working under limited supervision independently or as a member of a project team in Huron's Corporate IT Digital Business Solutions team, the Senior Business Analyst has accountability for the strategic planning and overall quality of the implemented solutions across Huron's corporate groups and practice areas that will deliver value and achieve business objectives.
* Facilitates communications with product stakeholders to understand product needs and priorities.
* Elicits business and functional requirements and prepares requirement documentation as it pertains to new products, tools or solutions.
* Reviews the as-is and future state business processes and leads business units in the preparation of business process mapping and departmental procedures and reviews the as-is and future state processes.
* Recommends efficient models and work flow processes illustrated through the use process modeling using various notation (use cases, business process diagrams, workflows, swim lanes).
* Learns about a specific business needs rapidly through analysis by using fit/gap analysis, feasibility studies, and business cases.
* Develops detailed expertise in a line of business.
* Composes detailed, unambiguous and testable requirements for the desired or proposed solution.
* Formulates use cases for requirements, RFPs and acceptance testing, verifying that the software meets the business requirements Prioritizes requirements with stakeholders.
* Conducts in-depth market research and white space analysis to support new solution development
* Identifies features that will add value to our clients and businesses.
* Works side-by-side with appropriate teams to represent the customer, setting priorities when conflicts arise and answering specific requirements questions.
* Contributes toward overall project success on up to 5 projects with medium to high complexity at a time.
* Facilitates the implementation of system modifications and expansions as well as new system releases.
* Uses technical and business knowledge to challenge designs to ensure solutions ultimately achieve the business need.
* Communicates to company stakeholders on upcoming product features and key messages through written and verbal communication, including product demonstrations in person and through web conferencing.
* Coordinates user acceptance tests, training and communication as needed.
* Enables change throughout the organization.
* Assist in the development and execution of best practices, techniques, business architecture governance and tools as needed by the PMO.
* Reviews peer requirements and provides mentorship to other Business Analysts.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, business or a related field from an accredited university or institution or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
* 3+ years of experience in an IT Role.
* Experience working on multiple project types (i.e. commercial off the shelf, new development, and enhancements/support).
* Experience working in multiple business areas within a company.
* Experience writing unambiguous verified to a testable level requirements.
* Competent analytical skills and business acumen; analytical thinking, problem solving and quantitative abilities; detail oriented, committed to a high level of accuracy; track record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
* Excellent organizational, time-management and meeting facilitation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Proficient knowledge of key concepts and processes within the Software Development Life Cycle including Agile and Waterfall methodologies as well as process and workflow management.
* Knowledge of technology networks, database, communications, internet, system interfaces, data integration, and operating systems.
* Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing business and technical environments.
* Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel & Word. Basic skills/familiarity with other Microsoft business products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio) required.
* Strong communication skills (oral and written) with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), interpersonal, organizational and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, conference calls and via e-mail).
* Understanding of the concepts of data and object models along with relationships and hierarchy.
* Practical experience using Salesforce CRM, SharePoint, SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft Analysis Services, Scrum or Kanban is desired, but not required.
* Knowledge of BABOK and CCBA, CBAP, PMI-PBA, PMP, or CSM certifications preferred but not required.
At Huron, we're redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client's challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Huron Consulting Group is a global professional services firm.