Directors are responsible for managing a portfolio of projects, leading larger process or technology implementations, and contributing to business development activities as an industry, process, or technology subject matter expert (SME). The position involves significant onsite client contact with travel three to four days each week and overall client, team, and practice management responsibilities. Directors provide guidance and supervision to Analysts, Associates, Managers, subcontractor, and client personnel. The Director is a thought leader in the Higher Education space and a go-to leader within Huron to provide expert solution architecting across multiple engagements.
The Integrations Director will establish strategy, vision, roadmap and goals for technology workstreams. The successful candidate will: identify and enact specific technology goals and objectives for the program, ensure appropriate architectural standardization to support reliable analysis and aggregation of data for financial reporting, organize and manage teams to maximum effectiveness and minimum risk, coordinate data conversion, integration, analytics and system adaptation activities, make recommendations to leadership and stakeholders, escalate IT risks and issues impacting milestones, and ensure appropriate security controls are in place. This position will lead a large and diverse team.
Strategic Technical Leadership:
* Provide technical leadership to technical implementation teams, functional teams, and across the organization.
* Coordinate the design and development of new solutions. Ensure technology design and implementation is comprehensive, strategic, and integrated across platforms.
* Develop recommendations to drive decision-making and buy-in. Report complex technical issues to audiences at all levels of technical understanding.
* Develop, document, share, and follow technical best practices and standards in architecture, technical solutions design, including templates and exemplar versions.
* Work to design and deploy a consistent technology methodology across the functional areas.
* Leverage software development lifecycle knowledge and skills and mentor others in their use across all program phases.
* Develop a vision to streamline the IT landscape and reduce long term costs.
Planning & Administration:
* Understand and navigate a complex distributed systems and integration landscape in order to inform technical design of new system elements.
* Promote technical excellence across team members and assist technical leads in balancing work loads across the functional areas.
* Take responsibility for determining high level IT deliverables; as well as ensuring that deliverables and milestones are achieved according to the project plan.
* Act as a strong subject matter expert with a broad working knowledge of technologies within Workday as well as industry standard technologies for data, HR and financial systems.
* Coordinate the design and development of technical solutions to complex problems. Ensure technology design and implementation is comprehensive, strategic, and integrates across Program. Ensure dependent technologies are considered.
* Provide oversight to technical work. Mentor and coach technical leads on supervision, and evaluating tradeoffs, especially as applied to Workday product.
* Provide feedback to team members as needed to provide opportunities for growth and effective program engagement.
Communication and Consulting:
* Foster productive and positive communication and collaboration within and between teams.
Provide expert and effective support, training, and consulting to customers, customer support teams, partner teams and other internal staff.
* Communicate clearly with Functional team and Business users regarding requirements gathering, solution development, coordination through various program phases, and external vendor communications.
* Huron requires a Bachelor's Degree in a field related to this position or equivalent work experience
* 8 or more years of consulting experience supporting complex HCM and/or Financial transformations.
* 3 or more years experience supporting Workday implementations at a Workday Partner firm and Workday certification.
* ERP and/or large administrative system implementation experience.
* Deep understanding of technical landscape around software conversions, integrations, reporting and large-scale implementation.
* Effective management under pressure, exercising independent judgment and decision making skills in resolving problems.
* Awareness of self and impact on others with proven ability to influence.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, supervise and delegate to staff in a deadline driven environment.
* Ability to manage and support program planning efforts. Proven leadership, organizational, decision-making, problem solving, analytical, and technical skills.
* Ability to collaborate with executive leadership. Demonstrated excellent written/oral communication skills, presentation skills, technical documentation skills, user liaison skills, and personal interaction abilities. Resilient, agile and able to work in dynamic environment and under pressure. Experience in a lead or supervisory role.
* Experience in the HR, financial, operational or research administration areas of a university, hospital or academic medical center.
Flexible living location
At Huron, we're redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client's challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Huron Consulting Group is a global professional services firm.