At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Collaboration and Identity Apps team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to help lead the collaboration side of the team. You will be responsible for deploying new services and deprecating old ones, which can range from SaaS applications for a business unit all the way to a highly-visible company-wide solution. You will manage services with monitoring, vendor engagement, and working with both immediate colleagues and varied business units to serve as the technical SME. You will design automation for rote business processes where recurring value can be realized and ultimately implement it in our production environment.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously while remaining engaged with stakeholders
* Architect and implement solutions using our existing application stack or by onboarding new tools / applications
* Identify the correct solution to meet business requirements with a mind toward security and end user experience
* Serve as the final escalation point for the team's critical services, including Google G Suite, Project Management tools, and Slack
* Drive projects to completion and participate in team Scrum activities (Stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and team retrospectives)
* Engage with business partners to rapidly create and deliver solutions both for incidents and evolution of our environment
* Distill discrete project requirements in a rapidly-changing environment and defend best practices in proposed solutions
What You'll Need
* 5+ years experience serving as the SME of one or more critical, company-wide SaaS services, ideally including a cloud-based messaging and collaboration service such as Google G Suite or Office 365
* Previous experience using Google Apps Manager (GAM) to manipulate a Google G Suite environment at scale for a global company
* Previous experience designing and performing cloud-to-cloud migration projects with your hands on the keyboard performing the work
* Comfortable with consuming RESTful APIs for SaaS applications, including those that may be completely new to you
* Experience with engaging vendors regarding critical issues, enhancements, and roadmaps
* Experience operationalizing and standardizing the support framework of applications at scale via the creation of high-quality technical documentation and the design of policies, processes, and procedures
* Experience building highly-detailed project proposal and implementation documentation
Bonus Points If
* Previously a member of a high-functioning team that performed one or more projects that impacted the entire company
* Appreciation for thorough implementation of a new solution, including gathering data, proof-of-concept of ideas / testing and validating that solution meets the business need
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to give constructive feedback / objections
* Previous experience working with a SaaS SSO solution and connecting applications to it
* Familiarity with key integration points for messaging / collaboration services, including BetterCloud, CloudLock, Proofpoint, Valimail, et al.
* Previous experience deploying and managing Slack for a medium to large company
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.