At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About The Role
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security. You are a subject matter expert, who brings organization to everything you do and are excited about bringing the world's best minds together to solve crazy hard problems.
As a Senior Security Program Manager in the Identity Access Management (IAM) team, you will:
* Drive complex initiatives using new and existing technologies.
* Play a critical role in the definition of the projects you manage, drive priorities and goals, and track progress on milestones and service deliverables.
* Anticipate dependencies, drive decisions, and detect known problems early.
* Facilitate resolution management across multiple teams as needed.
* Identify business needs and create new processes or influence existing processes to solve this need.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Provide program/portfolio/project management with specialization in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Domain
* Demonstrate an advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
* Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
* Foster innovative solutions to security, engineering, and infrastructure challenges as their collaborative partner
* Create and maintain project plan/activities during project implementations and obtain necessary approvals from internal stakeholders
* Maintain excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism while delivering best in class customer service
* Provide thorough and detailed support of IAM platforms and associated technical product documentation in support of high-quality and reliable service delivery
* Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to ensure on-time project and service delivery
* Learn and master knowledge base of supported identity access management system and touchpoints to associated services and partnering teams
What You'll Need
* 7 Minimum Years of Experience with Identity Access Management
* 3+ years' experience with any programming languages: Shell Script, Java, Python, Go etc.
* Proven track record of implementing processes and improving throughput velocity within a complex org structure
* Strong analytical bent, metrics-driven, proficient with project management tools and software (e.g., JIRA, Asana, Google Drive, etc)
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust with internal/external partners
* Clear and effective written, oral, and visual communication skills
* Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive efforts to completion
* A desire to work in a collaborative environment as a team player, and to solicit and provide constructive feedback
* Organized, self-driven, and comfortable working with a wider variety of teams across Uber organization
About the Team
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.