Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company that specializes in the development of self-driving technology. Our AI tech represents the next generation of artificial brains for robots - it enables machines to perceive, learn, and navigate complex environments, while avoiding people and obstacles. We partner with commercial equipment manufacturers, and global consumer electronics brands, to transform their products into self-driving robots.
We are seeking a Sr. Firmware Engineer to our join our growing team. This position will focus on writing safe, reliable firmware for integrating hardware and software on for mobile robotic products.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Design, develop and support the firmware systems required for our robotic brains
* Manage safety and reliability of the firmware
* System integration with hardware and software systems
What you need
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
* 5+ years professional experience, including:
* Strong software engineering/coding in C/C++/Python
* Strong embedded systems skills (GPIO, interrupts, timers, PWM, i2c, USB)
* Strong experience in Linux environment
* Experience with reliable, safety-critical systems and SIL (safety integrity level)
* Experience with AGILE development and continuous integration
* Familiarity with build systems (cmake, make)
* Familiarity with release management and versioning
* Familiarity with control systems (PID, closed loop control)
* Experience with lab equipment (DMMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
* Experience with Github, JIRA, and Jenkins tools for source control, tracking, and testing
Things that make a difference
* Advanced degree in CS/CE or related field
* Familiarity with ARM Cortex microcontrollers
* Familiarity with an RTOS
* Functional safety engineering certification (TUV or equivalent)
* Experience with mobile robotics
This position is located in our San Diego headquarters.
About Brain Corporation
Brain Corporation is a developer of autonomous navigational technologies.