Brain Corporation is a San Diego-based AI company that specializes in the development of self-driving technology. Our AI tech represents the next generation of artificial brains for robots - it enables machines to perceive, learn, and navigate complex environments, while avoiding people and obstacles. We partner with commercial equipment manufacturers, and global consumer electronics brands, to transform their products into self-driving robots.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced full-time Technical Project Manager to join our applications engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a technical background and a proven track record of running highly complex commercial product development projects. To be successful, you will need to seamlessly blend various project management methodologies, processes, and tools between multiple partners to achieve a common goal. This is a high visibility role and needs a dynamic individual to drive progress on major company initiatives.
Task & Responsibilities
* Primary cross-functional lead for strategically important projects, coordinating tasks, deliverables, and activities with internal and external teams
* Develop, maintain, and track project schedules, deliverables, and other KPIs to ensure project is completed on time, on spec, and on quality
* Responsible for developing, aligning, and meeting expectations of the overall project
* "Bird-dog" issues, facilitate resolution and recovery
* Act as liaison and main point of contact with project leaders from partner organizations
* Ensure timely and effective communication with partners
* Proactively identify potential issues and help develop mitigation options
* Coordinate activities with the technical SW and HW teams and track progress
* Understand the big-picture and untangle complex interdependencies
What you need
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field related to robotics (EE, ME, CS, CE, etc.)
* 5+ years project/program leadership at a professional level
* Proven success running large complex projects from concept through launch and sustainment
* Commercial product development experience
* Extensive Agile and traditional Project Management experience
* Experienced in Continuous Process Improvement with a passion for scaling processes and products
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Natural peer and team leadership skills
* Calm under pressure, ability to identify and eloquently manage conflicting constraints
* Desire to work in a highly visible and critical role
Things that make a difference
* Master's degree in a technical field related to robotics, technical management, or MBA
* Robotics domain experience
* Software development experience
* Current PMP, Lean Six Sigma, CSM certification
This position is located in our San Diego Headquarters and reports to the Applications Program Manager. Travel is estimated to be 10-25% time.
About Brain Corporation
Brain Corporation is a developer of autonomous navigational technologies.