Ready to join T-Mobile, and help uproot stagnant industry norms? Then come join T-Mobile's Video Technology team in Denver, CO! This position will manage a team of software developers responsible for the design, development and implementation of advanced advertising platform for the video delivery ecosystem. This position will set the direction and guide a team of video system engineers in the research, design, development and implementation of a video processing and distribution platform.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* VAST, VPAID, VMAP, SCTE-130, SCTE-35 and other ad related standards
* Experience with Ads metadata, such as CableLabs ADI 1.1 and ADI 3.0
* Experience working with XML and web service tools including SOAP and REST
* Experience in agile software development methodology and environment
* Experience development and support of production systems and experience working within a 24x7 operations environment supporting Linux, UNIX and Windows systems
* Understanding of video platforms and systems such as; Content Acquisition, Video Encoding, Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Content Management Systems (CMS), etc.
* Experience developing in virtualized server environments and rapid software deployment tools, including tools such as Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, Kubernetes, Puppet, etc.
* Management of teams consisting of 5 or more members, including the ability to manage team members that are local and remote
* Must have experience troubleshooting and root-cause analysis with complex systems using test tools, logs, network management systems and error reporting systems to determine and resolve problems
* Experience in collaborative driven communication, solutioning and team vision
* Working knowledge of Internet service operations and digital cable operations preferred
* Network Technology
* Design, development, integration and testing of complex Ad delivery and insertion systems, using technologies such as VAST, SCTE-130, SCTE-35 and other ad related standards
* Design, development and integration of CMS (Content Management Systems) technologies and Ads Inventory systems for Ads acquisition, encoding, inventory, warehousing, inventory and delivery of both Ad creatives and content
* Development and engineering of ad decisioning and routing systems, such as Google Ad Manager, Freewheel, etc.
* Manage a team of systems engineers to deliver advanced advertising technology for IP video ecosystem
* Work closely with Advertisement Business Strategy group to implement technical solutions to meet and exceed the business requirements
* Driving and innovating on industry standard for ad insertion and delivery technology
* Systems architecture, development, engineering and execution of deliverables and timelines based on the roadmap for the Video Technology team
* Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product
* Develop product instrumentation and test automation
* Provide tactical and strategic technical guidance to the team and vendors for development of cutting and bleeding edge technology, while ensuring task prioritization, high performance output and managing dynamic timetables
* Manage the team to write formal requirements and specifications documents; including working with vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software while building and documenting standardized installation procedures
* Develop and adherence to robust policy document, management and controls for system deployments and updates
* Collaborate and communicate with the Systems Planning and Engineering, Product Engineering, Operation and Systems Integration/Test teams within the organization for meeting objectives and deliverables, and to develop an in-depth understanding of our video product, innovate and identify/resolve issues
* Guide the development of system instrumentation, monitoring, reporting and test automation
* Forecasting the software needs for development and deployments, assisting in development in Capital Expenditure and Operational Expenditure projections
* Travel as needed, to various corporate and market locations
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.