The Manager, Software Development Digital Services Group is part of our Product & Technology Organization. This manager will be responsible for the order management team delivers highly reliable software solution that will scale beyond the 80 Million customers as T-Mobile continues to grow. They develop and enhance state of the art order management platform that enable exceptional customer buying experience.
The Software Development Manager is responsible for delivering results for the customers by setting clear goals for the teams, collaboration, and managing relationships, and expectations. This role will be managing DevOps teams that will be responsible for development as well as operational excellence in both non-production and production environments.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comKnowledge Skills and Ability:
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira.
* Solid understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD methodologies.
* Experience managing and scaling agile teams and delivering software using agile methodology and ceremonies
* Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, operational readiness, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of devops principles
* Able to analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, manage complex tasks and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
* Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets and business SME's/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes.
* Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), attention to details, and with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and delivery risk
* Able to learn complex business operations quickly, work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, team-driven environment
* Must be able to multi-task, manage details, keep calm during excitement, and keep sight of overall objectives.
* Experience with development, release/deployment, change management, knowledge management, and operations
* Proven experience in building, leading, mentoring and managing teams
* Able to build and leverage strong relationships. Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers.
* Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates
* Display a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
* Proven ability to lead dispersed and remote teams, including off-shore resources.
* Able to monitor and forecast budget (actual versus planned) to ensure teams stay within budget
* SAFe/Agile certification (ex: SAFe Agilist, SAFe for Scrum Master, PMP-ACP, or Kanban certification)
* 3 years of hands-on Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master experience performing backlog management, work specification, Scrum facilitation, Kanban, lessons learned.
* Some hands-on experience and familiarity with Cloud and automation tools/technologies such as: TIBCO CE, REST, Java Springboot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, BitBucket, Cucumber, Artifactory, Maven, JMeter, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarQube, Splunk, etc.
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience Microsoft Project, Visio, Office Suite and SharePoint.
* Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, executing and motivating Agile DevOps teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering software solution that provide exceptional business value
* Responsible for leading cross functional teams to achieve project objectives, regularly report on status, and manage projects through the entire lifecycle.
* Manage scope, schedule, quality, and risks and issues. The DevOps Manager is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment.
* Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, resolve issues and conflicts, and provide responsive change management.
* Build and maintain operational excellence measured by KPIs, by controlling and reviewing changes going to production, finding efficiencies, process improvement, and ensuring sufficient telemetry, monitoring, and alerting for potential issues.
* Manage the transformation to a DevOps/DevSecOps model within Scaled Agile Framework.
* Manage the operationalization of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
* Maintain accurate capacity plan to balance capacity, cost, and utilization of all sprint teams
* Manage budgets and produce financial reports to ensure teams stay within budget
* Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support agile maturity and operational excellence.
* Guides technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
You will be the leader of the Development Team Members for Order Management, you will be expected to:
* ESTABLISH TRUST. Establish and promote high-level of trust among team members.
* SET PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
* MOTIVATE OTHERS: Create a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
* DELEGATE: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
* DEVELOP AND COACH OTHERS: Have awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
* HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitor progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
We highly value:
* Passion for protecting customer experience
* Must be self-starting, hardworking and inquisitive
* Leadership through innovation in everything you do
* Passion for what you do and being self-critical to improve
* Relentless commitment to win
* Personal and corporate integrity
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.