Sr Engineer, Network Engineering (IP)
This position can be based in Snoqualmie, WA or Frisco, TX.
The System Architecture Engineer's role in EIS Engineering Operations is to vet and operationalize all the IP and Security solutions/infrastructure in the T-Mobile Technology portfolio. Specific tasks may include the creation, adaption, or revision of detailed schematics of network and service architecture, hardware and software selections, and implementation techniques and processes. May be required to perform, evaluate, or interpret network simulation, test results, or leading edge technology studies. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Work is primarily project driven and can cover any area that falls into the IP and Security infrastructure with T-Mobile. Occasionally there is deviation from accepted practice, as business needs requires to drive projects to launch. Normal work follows established procedures on routine work and the successful applicant will require instructions only on new assignments.
The role is an Operations based role, that will liaise closely with Engineering teams to implement new projects within T-Mobile, ensuring the projects meet Operational requirements. The role will include assisting with Design, validating Lab results, integrating solutions to various monitoring and alerting tools, advising on RACI discussions, implementing FOA / SOA, updating or creating appropriate documentation, training various support teams, Tier 3 support and driving projects to completion. Night work will be required on occasion.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 5+ Years Technical engineering experience.
* Expertise in Layer 2/3/4 Protocols and IP Routing.
* Specific Expertise in at least one of the following - MPLS, AAV backhaul, SDN, WiFi networks or Security
* Proficient scripting and or programming skills.
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
* Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
* Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
* The role will infrequently require night work.
* Proficient in a scripting language - Perl, C++, Python, Powershell etc
* Proficient in a scripting language - Perl, C++, Python, Powershell etc
* Proficient / Certified on one of the following - Cisco, Checkpoint or A10
* Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
* In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of technical engineering experience may be considered.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
* Technical System Expertise: Understands IP system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network and service architecture, design strategies and standards. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Ability to translate complex technical issues in terms of business impact and business benefits.
* Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
* Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing architecture, design strategies, standards, and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions. Drives investigations, leading to new technology concepts that may solve business problems.
* Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems and services used. Able to document systems architecture, design strategies, standards, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that may translate technical issues into business impact.
* Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization around architecture, design strategies and standards. Drives lab and field trial activities in support of Proof of Concept.
* Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals. Evaluates technologies and proposes technology position for the company within own VP organization.
* Acts as Tier 3 support as required. This includes troubleshooting in the live, production environment.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.