Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital Global System for Mobile Communications/General Packet Radio Service (GSM/GPRS) wireless voice and data technology standards.
The Messaging Architecture Team drives the design & development of Messaging technologies and products within the Core Network & Services Engineering. The position located in Bellevue, Washington will serve as one of the experts for various IP Messaging Solutions that make up T-Mobile's Rich Communications Services infrastructure. The Sr. Engineer Systems Architecture will own the definition, design, validation and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and feature to support TMUS commercial RCS service offerings to millions of our customer. These include but are not limited to Messaging technologies for T-Mobile such as RCS and its evolution to Universal Profile 1.0, 2.0 (MaaP & Chatbots) and beyond.
The Sr. Engineering Systems Architect shall actively work with cross-functional teams and would assist with feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services as well as create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. This individual would be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Messaging Engineering teams and would help leading and mentoring junior members within the team.
Join Network Technology Today!
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Excellent knowledge in IMS, RCS, VoLTE, ViLTE, EPC, Telecommunication technologies architectures and relevant protocols. Experience in SDN/NFV/ ETSI architecture is desired.
* Developing requirements, specifications and test plans.
* Must have knowledge of 3GPP IMS core, GSMA RCS standards
* Must be fluent in SIP, SDP, RTP, DIAMETER
* Vendor management experience
* Effective reporting of status to management
* Apply project management, including risk analysis and issue mitigation.
* Must have experience in defining telecom solutions.
* Own the product for your Application, managing timelines, priorities, and deliverables for internal and external teams.
* Work towards identifying and documenting technical requirements for the systems deployed in T-Mobile networks based on product and/or system architecture requirements.
* Be responsible for conducting design reviews of assigned projects with engineering peer group to ensure requirements are complete and drive network architecture changes and evolution
* Work closely with vendor and internal teams, including QA, Tier-2, Performance and Dev teams, to triage, identify root cause, and provide resolution on defects and other issues quickly and efficiently
* Write RFPs/RFIs/RFQs for new technology, standards and architecture and evaluate responses, present recommendations to peers and executive team
* Analyze and provide input on Product Development and Network Evolution and Strategy initiatives for all Core Network Elements and Products
* Lead and transition new technology testing efforts to downstream teams
* Conduct lab trials and evaluate multiple vendor products against GSMA, 3GPP, IETF and ETSI specs
* Research new technologies and lead transformation efforts for your team and those around you. Monitor relevant industry technologies and standards and document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers. Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction,
and make recommendations on solutions evolution
* Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps.
* Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirement.
* Assist in budget preparation and equipment dimensioning
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.