Sr. Engineer, Systems Architecture Ran Performance
The RAN Performance Engineer suited for this role will be an exceptional Engineer with demonstrated practical applications in optimizing cellular networks. You will have deep theoretical knowledge and have applied sound engineering principles to optimize for network coverage, quality & capacity. You will be a technical subject matter expert with demonstrated experience with Nokia and/or Ericsson RAN products. The ideal candidate will also possess analytical skillsets by extracting and analyzing data from numerous data sources, utilize facts and data to derive a conclusion and construct presentations that distill complex technical findings into communications intended to inform and influence decisions related to improving customer experience and driving Engineering actions. The ideal candidate will also possess an innate sense of curiosity with demonstrated examples of innovation resulting in successfully executed projects. This position requires effective interpersonal skills to work with cross functional teams and vendors and a diverse range of peers.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
* Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
* Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
* Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
* Demonstrated ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with Nokia/Ericsson RAN. Act as a mentor to disseminate valuable Nokia/Ericsson RAN expertise across the organization
* Demonstrated experience working in RAN Performance-Optimization capacity on UMTS, LTE & VoLTE networks. Lead workgroups to suggest, trial and rollout key improvement initiatives
* Proven track record of successful project design and delivery. You have ideated, planned & and successfully executed on projects in the wireless industry. These projects would have improved customer experience and have been implemented across several markets, regions and networks.
* Lead for validating & signing off on RAN Performance impacts from 5G, LTE, UMTS RAN S/W & HW FOAs and new feature introductions
* Create test cases and execute on performance assessments involving 5G coverage, quality & application based performance assessments across low bands & mmW. Document and present results via brown-bags, tech sessions
* Propose, Design & drive SON related automation initiatives to improve network performance. Lead SON trials across markets in both open/closed loop configurations and drive solutions to improve engineering efficiencies & improve customer experience
* Create Engineering goals which are actionable and impact customer experience. Research metrics, discuss with peers, create targets and roll out goals to all field teams. Drive network improvement initiatives that help field teams achieve and exceed goals
* Demonstrated experience working with large datasets to extract network & customer insights. Well versed with using SQL, PowerBI, Tableau to slice datasets and create a compelling narrative
* Create story telling presentations that highlight key reporting & actionable insights for RAN Performance initiatives
* Prepare and research content for steering meetings with vendors & upper management to provide weekly readouts on LTE, UMTS & GSM Performance.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.