The Software Engineer for testing tackles a variety of technical challenges. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverable and building test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will be a core member of the development team and participates in the complete development life-cycle process.
This engineer develops, implements, and sustains test automation processes, practices, and controls in support of application and system requirement, development and test activities throughout the software development and life-cycles. You will lead and consult on test automation strategy, requirement, design, implementation and execution. The SDET resources must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performance code for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comMinimum Qualifications Required:
* Minimum 5 years' Application Development Experience.
* Minimum of 5 years' work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
* Proven experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, CI/CD - Git, Automation - Tosca or Selenium
* Experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for their domain/capability/platform area - SDLC tools, Environment, Release, Delivery Pipeline, Assets, Security, Functional Testing, Automation, SV, Performance, Data Services, etc.
* Unique and specialized skills for each team/capability/platform area.
* Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead Software Engineer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 Software Engineers.
* Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff
* Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
* Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
Technology & System - 50% of time
* Hands-on code, build, automate, setup, configure, transform their given area
* Automation and Self-Service Mindset.
* Build APIs, open source plug-ins and self service tools to invoke and integrate capabilities, platforms, solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps resulting in increase time to value.
* Identify and automate all repeatable manual task
* Identify recurring problems and build automation solutions to auto-identify & remediate them
* Run Manual Test or Process/Procedures our customers perform to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
Software Lifecycle Management - Review / Coach / QA / Standards Compliance - 30% of time
* Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources - code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management
* Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of dev work and documentation is maintained
Customer Engagement - 10% of time
* Understand your customer's pain points, challenges, requirements and provide an open feedback loop for continuous improvement. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality
Strategy / Innovation / Market Research - 10% of time
* Understand latest technologies, continuously improve, optimize processes, automation, etc
* Leads and provides input to all test activities.
* Leads defect management.
* Interfaces with external teams on test strategy and ensures alignment to test execution.
* Designs, develops, and maintains automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
* Analyzes code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
* Oversees automated tests integration into the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
* Designs and authors test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
* Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure proper balance between coverage and fast feedback cycles.
* Works with IT partner teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the delivery process via a repeatable and automated process.
* Grows and maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.